Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. If the Cubs somehow manage to win 95 games with the same people they have playing right now I will be so happy I cannot begin to describe it in words. At the same time, I will be so shocked I'd probably die. I just hope they keep playing good baseball. I keep waiting for them to come back to earth. They are on another planet right now.
  2. I think Bruce Miles mentioned something about that too. Another thing, Cedeno also played in Winter ball. I have no idea if that would affect him as he's probably been playing year round for most of his life. I do know that I had a hard time playing baseball about 9 months a year when I was in highschool. It's all the day games/
  3. If I see one person bitch about lolly-gaging around the bases I will puke. The Cubs need him to do this. Not try to get in-field hits or stretch a double. Yea!!
  4. Regression to the mean. He's far, far more likely to produce in the second half at the level he's produced at over his previous 4000 at bats than he is to produce at his level of production over his last 200. if only baseball were hard and fast as statistics would like you to believe Yet, most people had no problem believing Michael Barrett was going to have a 2nd half regression to the mean when they were storming the castle with torches and pitchforks after Hendry traded him (and rightfully so). I guess statistics only apply to annoited messageboard favorites and not messageboard villains. two words: normal curve Every player has a career arc.
  5. Maddux for Duke is a lot better than Maddux for PTBNL. This sounds fishy, very fishy though.
  6. If I were a betting man I'd bet that Bonds used steriods. However, here is a little food for thought. I'm sure that the Babe didn't use steriods and I think it is safe to assume Aaron didn't use either. I did a little study using descriptive statistics. It is pretty simple and I think even the least numberd minded person could understand it. I took the at bat (AB) and home run (HR) totals for Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds, and Babe Ruth a came up with a ratio based on AB/HR. Then I looked at 4-5 year periods in their careers. Here is what I found Aaron Age AB/HR 25-30 24 31-36 16 36-41 17 Bonds Age AB/HR 25-30 14 31-36 12 36-41 9 Ruth Age AB/HR 25-30 11 31-35 10 36-39 13 (Babe was pretty much a broken down player after 38) What do those numbers mean to you? I won't tell you how to think, but to me they show that each palyer got better at hitting HRs as they got older. And stayed pretty much the same for their entire career. The spread from highest to lowest for Bonds and the Babe are pretty similar. Edit: Typo. Edit 2: I want to add that I think Bonds is and was a great HR hitter steriods or not. I also want to add that it is too bad that Boston had Ruth pitching for the first 6 seasons he played baseball. If he were in LF instead of on the mound the HR record would probably be untouchable.
  7. thank you. that is just one of many things in this thread that have baffled me. cubinny's bizarre tirade is still #1, though. Pointless yes, bizarre no. Actually I'd say mildly bizarre. Give me a 1-10 rating on bizarreness. How about we get back on topic rather than make you the focus of attention? ok
  8. thank you. that is just one of many things in this thread that have baffled me. cubinny's bizarre tirade is still #1, though. Pointless yes, bizarre no. Actually I'd say mildly bizarre. Give me a 1-10 rating on bizarreness.
  9. you should probably stop clicking on threads with the words "Adam" or "Dunn" in the title. just a suggestion. Personally, I like use of the word "irregardless".
  10. No he's not. I'd definitely prefer to have my pinky toe cut off than my entire leg. Wait, so you would prefer that the Cubs get rid of Pagan before getting rid of Jones? No. I don't want either my leg or my toes to be amputated. I prefer that neither happen just as I prefer that niether Jones nor Pagan were on the team.
  11. thank you. that is just one of many things in this thread that have baffled me. cubinny's bizarre tirade is still #1, though. Pointless yes, bizarre no.
  12. And I think the fact she's mentioned at least twice that Bruce can back her up adds credibility as well. It's not her fault if nobody actually takes her up on it and asks Bruce. What does credibilty mean? That she actually works for the trib or that she has inside information that she can only hint at while sounding important? I can believe the former and I question the latter. I suppose. I kind of stopped caring about credibility on this board once I realized it's just a MB and not in and of itself a source of truth. If I can't check the real sources, then I'll just do what comes naturally, take it with a grain of salt. No one on here knows who anyone is anyway, outside of Bruce who is probably more brave than any of us to let it be known his actual identity. If I'm not going to reveal who I am, then I don't feel like I should demand anyone else do so. And I'm not going to reveal who I really am. That's just my 2 cents. I agree. The entire point of this (it really is pointless however) is that normally people don't make acusations about having inside information and then say "trust me" and get to get away with it. No one is asking the person to reveal who they are. However at the same time I don't think it's proper to float inuendo either. I guess it's the principle of the matter and it's gotten way out of control. Anyway, whatever.
  13. And I think the fact she's mentioned at least twice that Bruce can back her up adds credibility as well. It's not her fault if nobody actually takes her up on it and asks Bruce. What does credibilty mean? That she actually works for the trib or that she has inside information that she can only hint at while sounding important? I can believe the former and I question the latter.
  14. Man, the Giants look like a real bad team today. That is the second near collision. They are just playing bad baseball. That's a suprize to me because I like Bochey and think he's a good manager. Their play really reflects poorly on him. They are mailing it in.
  15. Social anxiety disorder doesn't affect him when he relieves? I find that really, really hard to believe.
  16. It's already done reverend. I hope to some day be as good a person as you. Wow. Who peed in your Cheerios this morning? Great response, BTW. Is this your new manner of arguing with people who disagree with you? Calling them names?
  17. That's a bunch of BS. I complemented Greenstein and she said he can't go on the road because it's a "LOOONG" story. But you would know that if you read the thread wouldn't you. It was what Tim commented on. Oh sorry, you already know that because you read the thread It's already done reverend. I hope to some day be as good a person as you.
  18. Lofton over Brock? Give me a break. http://www.loubrock.com/Stats.htm You have a break. http://www.fangraphs.com/comparison.aspx?playerid=1001458&playerid2=246&playerid3=&position=OF&page=1&type=full WARP3 Lofton 102> Brock 87 Apples and oranges. Brock played several years before the mound was chopped down, with less teams (pre-expansion) and before all the minature stadiums started popping up. Comparing stats from different eras can be misleading. WARP3 corrects for era, supposedly. It's probably more like Granny Smith vs. Red Delicious. Anyway, Lou Brock was severly overrated but still a very good player. And Andy, I think the Cardinals knew who they were getting.
  19. Cain kind of fell apart after that 3-2 count in which he didn't get the strike. It's nice to see an other team's pitcher have a mini-meltdown.
  20. Lofton over Brock? Give me a break. http://www.loubrock.com/Stats.htm You have a break. http://www.fangraphs.com/comparison.aspx?playerid=1001458&playerid2=246&playerid3=&position=OF&page=1&type=full WARP3 Lofton 102> Brock 87
  21. Koiye Hill coming through. The Cubs are leading the good life here.
  22. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If you were worried about your job would you insinuate that you have inside information that could get you fired if you reveal how you obtained the information? Especially if you "like getting paid"? Just so you could look important on a message board. I don't know about you but I'd keep my hands away from the keyboard in those instances.
  23. It was one game. If he'd hit two HRs and thrown out 5 baserunners and the Cubs still lost it wouldn't mean anyhting either. They had 7 walks last night.
×
×
  • Create New...