Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. which rules are you referring to? Probably the same rules that Brian Roberts and scads of others broke, yet people would have no problem with those guys on the team. Has anyone stopped being a fan of the Cubs because they didn't outright release Robert Hernandez? Brian Roberts and Robert Hernandez committed perjury too? You think that's why so many people have problems with Bonds? Were we talking about "so many people"? The guy, tspain, simply said he doesn't want Bonds on the Cubs on principle. I'm just saying it's a little absurd to call out the guy by pretending the principle is that Bonds was just another juicer. Bonds hasn't been convicted of anything. Bonds is being made an example of mostly because he was an ass, but partly because he broke a sacred record in sports. Perjury has nothing to do with it.
  2. The US Open is the only tournament to have an 18 hole playoff. I love it. Tiger is something special. He's a singularity in sports.
  3. He's pretty damn sexy for a chicken hating, lazy, non-caring, non-hustling third baseman. Suck on it Greg Couch and the nameless call-in radio idiots. MVP of the Cubs
  4. This is all true. I hate his slap hitting style but it gets the job done. He's shown the way.
  5. Intrascrotal hernia.
  6. For those in the know: Does Vitters stay in Short Season or does he go to Peoria after he gets in "game shape"?
  7. This course is so tough it's making them look like hackers.
  8. Based on what I saw in that video, I don't think we'll have to worry about that. The most we have to worry from this guy is his inability to fix our computers when calling in The Geek Squad. He's got a wedding ring on his left hand.
  9. If this isn't a joke, the worst thing about it is that guy is married and may procreate.
  10. Tiger Woods is not human. He's an alien, pure and simple.
  11. When I saw him last week against West Tenn. his fastball looked pretty good, but his breaking pitches were excellent. In hitters counts they were hitting the fastball pretty well. If he got ahead he was much more effective (obviously).
  12. The Sporting News needs to pay more attention to baseball. Berkman has been a superstar in baseball for a number of years. I disagree with you on Berkman being a superstar for a number of years. My point was that he should be considered a superstar, but he's not. Part of the reason could be that he's not on either coast, but Bagwell and Biggio did get their share of publicity while playing in Houston. Who says he's not? You? He's on every all-star team, he makes the most money on his team and just about anybody who follows baseball knows he one of the best players in baseball.
  13. Exactly. Jay puts about as much thought into his work as I do in choosing which color of white sox to wear when I'm mowing the lawn. He's the very definition of a hack. My biggest wonder is how he ever got to the position he currently occupies.
  14. The Sporting News needs to pay more attention to baseball. Berkman has been a superstar in baseball for a number of years.
  15. Santo was annoyed too. I think he watches WGN instead of the game on the field. I love Ron.
  16. A little more on the Iowa game. Hill hit Josh Phelps in the knee and it sounded sick. Jason Dubois is still a physical specimen and still cannot hit a curve ball. Matt Murton did a great job coaching 1st base.
  17. I just have a few minutes until my class starts. I'm about as big a Rich Hill fan as anyone this side of Abuck. However, I just felt bad for him today. We got to the game early (1 pm start) so I got to see all his pitches. He would go through a stretch of about 6 or 7 close to or in the zone and then completely lose the zone for 3 or 4 pitches. He threw a fastball that went back to the back stop Rick Vaugh style and several 50 foot curve balls. Then when he'd have a good stretch his defense would let him down. Coye Hill made a terrible throw trying to pick a guy off and Bobby Scales (who the hell is he?) couldn't handle a little league two hopper. I don't know what is wrong with Rich but he looked unhitable and terrible and nothing in between.
  18. I think The Cubs are going to be linked in one way or another with every available decent player on a losing team.
  19. I'm going to try to get to the game by the 2nd or 3rd inning.
  20. He played on the Cuban National Team when he was 15 or 16. He's pretty damn good.
  21. I kind of think the Yankees will be sellers this deadline. I could see them moving Mussina and a few other pieces. Plus, I don't see how they have the chips to deal. They might be sellers at the deadline, but they are going to have a boatload of money coming off the books at the end of the year. They are going to be buyers in the off-season. If Darvish posts I cannot see any way that the Yankees will be out bid.
  22. That sounds very high-falutin', like going to Oxford or The Sorbonne . I bet it's a cricket pitch with some batting cages. :wink:
  23. He lost touch with a "reality" based world and wondered off somewhere. He also started a thread in social on time travel and aliens. link? I'll never be able to find it. It was rambling and incoherent for the most part. I think I was one of the very few who responded. I think my response something like, "Don't take the brown acid. The brown acid is bad."
  24. He lost touch with a "reality" based world and wondered off somewhere. He also started a thread in social on time travel and aliens.
×
×
  • Create New...