Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. The best part of all that was that they had the troll in to dish the gossip. Paul Sullivan is a waste of humanity
  2. Somebody send this to Hendry. It probably wouldn't do any good though.
  3. Alexi Rameriz is quite impressive. He's going to be a great player. The .309 OBP with a .021 IsoP isn't too impressive to me. He turns 27 in September too. 27? I thought he was 20 or 21. I'll not mention that he's only played 1/2 of a season in MLB. Crap I just did. I think he is going to be very, very good for the next 4 or 5 years. I'd take him over Theriot or DeRosa right now. Why? Ramirez: .288/.309/.439/.748 with a pretty IsoD Theriot: .307/.388/.363/.751 DeRosa: .290/.378/.453/.831 Because I think Rameriz is going to be a better baseball player than either of those two.
  4. Yes, but Marquis will sulk and Sean is a rookie and will listen to the F-bombs being thrown.
  5. At that point Gallagher won't be stretched out. Again not a fan of this move. Exactly. I think Lou trusts Marquis more because this is not about "stuff". Yesterday Gallagher pitched into some tough luck in the 2nd inning and with the offense sputtering it made it look worse. Jon was exactly right in his assessment. It never ceases to amaze me how much MLb is a good ole boys network.
  6. Alexi Rameriz is quite impressive. He's going to be a great player. The .309 OBP with a .021 IsoP isn't too impressive to me. He turns 27 in September too. 27? I thought he was 20 or 21. I'll not mention that he's only played 1/2 of a season in MLB. Crap I just did. I think he is going to be very, very good for the next 4 or 5 years. I'd take him over Theriot or DeRosa right now.
  7. Alexi Rameriz is quite impressive. He's going to be a great player.
  8. So I imagine that they will just have a new Seattle Sonics team in a year or two then? The Memphis Grizzlies are a good candidate to move. That would be both sad and funny. The Fed Ex Forum was paid for by the city (with lots of kick backs to the mayor and his cronies). Next to no one goes to the games.
  9. Stone would be a huge upgrade over Brenly. Just an FYI, you misspelled "downgrade." Nope. Last week I was listening to the Cub-Sox broadcast on XM on my way home from work. Stone hasn't lost anything. He was talking about Quniten being a low ball hitter and how Dempster's approach should bode well for Quntin. Sure enough Quntin gets up to bat and hits a bomb on one of Dempster splitters. That's just one example. When I got home I was treated to Brenly's non analysis on WGN. He's a horrible color man. Len would be better off by himself.
  10. Stone would be a huge upgrade over Brenly. Almost anyone would be except Harelson or DJ.
  11. http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1158/capt39d85d4beea84407a6asb1.jpg "A Yankee I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy A Yankee Doodle, do or die A real live nephew of my Uncle Sam Born on the Fourth of July"
  12. A-Clown, He still showboats, he still watches his home runs, and he's probably still a primadonna. The only difference is that Edmonds now plays for the Cubs. BTW, Rodman never played for the Cubs.
  13. I love Cardinals fans. They're ever so humble. I guess that's why they're TBFIB.
  14. The adorable Red Head comes through!
  15. Ugh, it's on the Chiefs web site too. RHPs Jose Pina and 2008 draftees Jay Jackson join Peoria. Also, RHP Blake Parker goes from Iowa to Daytona. Is TJS in his near future? It seems to be sort of a right of passage these days.
  16. I cant wait until the get the hell over yourself, its a joke option is added. You'll be the first. This makes less sense than the defensive indifference rule in baseball. :D
  17. and jack cust was available to any team in baseball for a couple of years if they were willing to put him on their major league roster. he only had the #8 OPS+ in the AL last year. The Rule V draft is filled with guys who can't play and guys that can play at a high level...to me its just as big of a crap shoot as the regular draft, but you have to have to roster space in order to draft...maybe two or three teams a year can draft a guy and sit him on the bench for the entire year and not handcuff their 25 man roster. For me, I guess I'm just tired of seeing all these upstart, young, teams like the Marlins, Rays, Diamondbacks(remember last years sweep), Rockies(last years NL champ), etc...beat up on my Cubbies using "their" young and developed guys while we use our highly overpaid free agent guys. Obviously those teams know how to develop and push guys, and we don't...So give Kroger and Craig a chance, we just might stumble upon something good with them. Craig would be an old man on the Marlins, Rays, and Diamondbacks. He's neither young nor developed. Kroger on the other hand might be worth a shot in a platoon situation.
  18. I'm not sure if you're saying the trade was insane or the e-mailer, but I though it was a very solid trade for the Grizzlies. Gay. Love. Era., get it?
  19. Aramis isn't going anywhere any time soon and Vitters needs to work on his defense, and in the worst way. Let him stay in Boise. I'm just happy he's hitting somewhere.
  20. Dubois was rated pretty highly. Patterson, Dubois, and Choi get my votes. I think you're misremembering. He was a 14th round draft choice out of college and didn't make it to the bigs until he was 25 (played 20 games).The year before he was in Iowa he hit .269/352/.458 in Jackson. That 2004 link had him as the 14 rated prospect by Tim. I think that fact that so many people wanted him to play instead of Hollinsworth is clouding your judgement. It turns out that Dubois wasn't that good. I will go to my grave thinking that he was better than Todd by the time 2005 rolled around. But those were dark Dusty days. Days I like to forget.
  21. All these posts are more than one word. my word is: Numismatic
  22. He was busted juicing last year or the year before. I'm not saying that has anything to do with it... just thought it needed pointed out. He was suspended 15 games for the beginning of the 2005 season...I've personally seen the kid play countless games throughout the Southern League before and after that 2005 season and he still looks the same and is one hell of a player. I've read articles quoting him as saying he denies ever taking anything and looking at his numbers since then, I would have to believe him. He did play a month or so last year in AAA and had pretty decent numbers for such few games and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he was a player of the week during that time also. I think the kid deserves a shot, if you can play corner infield I'm sure you can stand out there and do your best Soriano impersonation in one of the corner outfield spots. Craig 27 years old and in AA. He's an organizational filler at this point.
×
×
  • Create New...