Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. Haha. Cox wants to grab a bite and take a nap between games.
  2. Lou should use this opportunity to kick Marquis.
  3. Lou must be having kittens in the dugout. Marquis got lucky there.
  4. Throw strikes damnit. Marquis is so frustrating.
  5. I agree. But the Braves are out of it so Cox is trying to limit the damage and get guys into the game too. At this point it's almost like ST for a team like the Braves.
  6. Seriously, Jim Edmonds? His performance is so far more than I ever expected it is beyond my ability to explain. Simply amazing.
  7. Dave Otto is a terrible replacement for Santo. Pat, as always is great.
  8. If you are sitting in the bleachers, the price of beer isn't an issue. Yea, I know. The two statements are independent of each other. It's actually good they don't serve beer in the bleachers because the fans are crazy enough without it. I think it's pretty stupid. It encourages getting wasted before showing up and bringing in hard liquor. I've been out there when beer was available, and it wasn't that bad. You wouldn't bring your 12-year old daughter, but it hasn't gotten any better since banning beer. I don't think there is a worse place to watch baseball than in the RF bleachers of Yankee stadium. Those guys are the dregs of humanity and proud of it. I don't know how many of them can afford to go to the game.
  9. Or at least point out that the statement is moronic. The question is the person's level of prior information. Wins are important, but they are a team statistic, not an individual statistic. Wins as a statistic for a pitcher becomes less important with each game the pitcher does not finish. And within in that, each inning that is not pitched.
  10. I agree.
  11. I respect that your aversion to it is more about injury, and I feel ya there. But players diving for moving objects all the time in the outfield...and their hand gets to that spot far faster than their feet would have gotten to that spot. And that object is moving...in theory it should be easier to dive for a stationary object. Please no Bandon. Let's not go through this again. Keep your beliefs but know they are wrong. You can't catch a ball with your foot. You can't get to some spot ahead of you faster by stopping running. Catching it is irrelevant. Think of a diving catch. The ball lands at spot X and the player catches the ball just a hair from touching the ground. You really think that you could have gotten your foot to spot x faster than you could get your hand there so that the ball lands on your foot, or you can kick it? Sorry buddy...it's not wrong. It's common sense. Catching is completely relevant. In fact, it is the MOST relevant variable. It's maddening. What part of the body is closest to the ground? What is the fastest way to get to spot X with the body? That's it I'm done.
  12. I respect that your aversion to it is more about injury, and I feel ya there. But players diving for moving objects all the time in the outfield...and their hand gets to that spot far faster than their feet would have gotten to that spot. And that object is moving...in theory it should be easier to dive for a stationary object. Please no Bandon. Let's not go through this again. Keep your beliefs but know they are wrong. You can't catch a ball with your foot. You can't get to some spot ahead of you faster by stopping running.
  13. Does he have a twin? and what's with all the Nazi hair cuts?
  14. How does a city hate another city? This doesn't make sense to me. Chicago and NY have always had a huge rivalry in many things, financial markets, architecture, art/museums, sporting teams, etc. Paris and Berlin had a pretty big rivalry a few years back. A city isn't just the land it occupies. It's the people and attitudes that shape it, and history is littered with cities that hated one another. Athens v Sparta, now that was a rivalry.
  15. Karma is on our side this year.
  16. An out is an out. If you want to look at something look at how many times he doesn't make an out. He gets on base nearly 40% of the time he comes to the plate. We've all seen this movie before.
  17. What makes you predict this? Position they play?
  18. The only team in the playoff hunt that could've claimed him before Arizona was LA. Dunn's a Free Agent after the year. Does the team have to be in the playoff hunt to claim him? I thought any team could claim him but the team with the worst record gets him.
  19. Last year some guy came and posted some pictures he took at Wrigley. the picture was a wide angle shot from the visitor's side of the field. I was using one for my desktop and stupidly put the photo in the trash. Does anyone remember the thread or have the pitchers. Thanks,
  20. I can't believe another team didn't put in a claim on him. Baseball "people" are so myopic sometimes. The guy is a game changer almost every time he makes contact with the baseball. I am laughing so hard at the Reds. Dusty Ball, catch it! He's going to have the worst punch-and-Judy-no-walk-line-up in baseball. They've already quit on him, according to "the Cowboy". Maybe they're getting rid of the malcontents.
  21. I'm agreeing with this. He's still playing good defense. He looks lost at the plate. It's hard for me to analyze his swing as I have a hard time understanding how he ever makes solid contact, but he seems to be really off balance and is expanding the strike zone.
×
×
  • Create New...