Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. JP's job is hanging by a short and curly one. They have to finish with a winning record and have to finish strong or JP is finished. He might be finished either way.
  2. You act like everyone is saying Hoff is the next coming of Christ. Most people are saying he's doing well in AAA right now and could probably help us in RF this year. Is he the answer to all our problems? Of course not. I would expect Hendry or whatever GM we have this offseason to go after a legit RF and maybe move Fukudome to CF. I don't see why you can't let Pie, Hoff, and Dubois complete for the LF/CF job in spring training and sign Edmonds as a cheap lefty bat off the bench. At that point you have two great backup plans, and I really see Pie and/or Hoff breaking out in the bigs next year. If DuBois or Hoffpauir are competing to be starters next year, we're going to have a serious problem. No kidding. What a horrifying scenario, including resigning Edmonds. A let out an audible wail. It's hard to say what is going to happen with the new owner and what-not, but I have to believe that this is the year for the Cubs. If it's not the year, oh boy. The future doesn't look so bright to me. However, I don't think Huffpauir, DuBois, or Edmonds factor into that future. Then you'd better hope the new ownership has very deep pockets. Check out the payroll projections thread. That's why the future doesn't look so bright. Huffpauir will be 29 next year. This is his 4th go around in AAA. He's not a major league player. He might do well hitting off the bench every once in a while, but he's no up and comer. DuBois will be 30 next year. I watching him play 3 games in Memphis and he still can't hit a curve ball. He's an AAA roster filler. Edmonds may be a platoon mate if he still wants to play, but the Cubs should not expect the same level of production out of a 39 year old player.
  3. You act like everyone is saying Hoff is the next coming of Christ. Most people are saying he's doing well in AAA right now and could probably help us in RF this year. Is he the answer to all our problems? Of course not. I would expect Hendry or whatever GM we have this offseason to go after a legit RF and maybe move Fukudome to CF. I don't see why you can't let Pie, Hoff, and Dubois complete for the LF/CF job in spring training and sign Edmonds as a cheap lefty bat off the bench. At that point you have two great backup plans, and I really see Pie and/or Hoff breaking out in the bigs next year. If DuBois or Hoffpauir are competing to be starters next year, we're going to have a serious problem. No kidding. What a horrifying scenario, including resigning Edmonds. A let out an audible wail. It's hard to say what is going to happen with the new owner and what-not, but I have to believe that this is the year for the Cubs. If it's not the year, oh boy. The future doesn't look so bright to me. However, I don't think Huffpauir, DuBois, or Edmonds factor into that future.
  4. Bill Walton is senile. He was on ESPN (the worldwide leader, don't you know?) complaining about the US team and how all the energy was sucked out of them when Ginoble (SP?) went down. I couldn't tell if he thought the dude played for the US or what. Anyway, a 20 point victory is a freaking blow out in my book. I didn't watch the game, but if he's complaining about only winning by 20 points that's a good sign for the US team.
  5. Since Dunn went to the D-Backs they've been scoring 6 runs/game and have increased their lead in the West by 2 games. Ergo, Dunn is the MVP (record w/Dunn v. Record w/o Dunn). He's made their line-up better just by gracing their diamond. Now we can carry-on with one of the most amusing discussions of "hitting" I've every read.
  6. Except for the fact that the Cubs didn't even know the name of the person they were selecting until the time he was selected. The Cubs never lost Hamilton b/c they never had Hamilton.
  7. I don't think that has much to do with Jimmy's comments. I think his have to do with the overall tone of the average Philly fan. They booed Santa Clause for crying out loud. Anyway, he probably should just be quiet, take his money, and play ball. (BTW> commas o.k.?)
  8. Trade Theriot for him in the off-season. He's lovable.
  9. The best line "A lot of Dick Tracys began snooping around. Two rival teams -- not Oceanside -- hired private investigators to round up Almonte's birth certificate, because the consensus was he had facial hair."
  10. The Cubs will win today and people will forget about yesterday.
  11. Canzler was also 2 years older at Boise, hit .264, and struck out 22% of the time. Vitters is 18, hitting .335, and K'ing 16% of the time. I have no idea who Canzler is/was but I don't know how anyone could compare the two with those numbers. I thinks it's ok to get excited about Vitters given his draft status, his horrible start, and his his current play. After the start of many of the Cubs minor leaguers it's nice to have a little hope. I don't think anyone is suggesting that he be inserted into the Cubs lineup (e.g., Huffpaiur).
  12. Or at least make it to where a Brewers fan would actually want to buy it. It's supposed to be a Brewers shirt, yet Brewers colors are missing, and any words such as "Milwaukee" or "Brewers" are also vacant. Who would want to buy a shirt not in team colors that says "Untuckem" on it? The colors things I don't get, but he probably can't use anything with "Brewers" on it for fear of the all powerfull MLB.
  13. Are they going to go with Fontenot (2nd) & DeRosa (RF)? Is that better than Fukudome when you factor in defense?
  14. Holy crap these dudes covering baseball are worse than terrible. One dude wants to move the bases back 3 feet so there will be no close plays.
  15. Is that good? Yes... just so long as Vitters doesn't have the same injury problems. Remember, Aramis Ramirez has essentially been Howie Kenrick with more pop. I think O_O compared Vitters to Aramis. I'd love that. I worry about his defense though.
  16. I cannot top Bob Sanders but... Cleaving or leaving.
  17. Thanks, I'm having a PTSD falshback now. My wife is crying and the dogs are hiding.
  18. How does one countdown from 1? Or have a top 1 list? number 1 equals the best. When the number is zero it has no value. The Cubs have won. 1 is the big number.
  19. at 10. All lists in America are in base 10. I think it's a law or something. 100 10 1
  20. Needs a battery of drug tests ASAP. There is no way anyone should be winning races by jogging while everyone else is busting a blood vessel running as hard as they can he's not jogging obviously. his stride is a lot longer than everyone else so it makes it look like he's not running hard, but he didn't break michael johnson's record by coasting. and i'm pretty sure that he's being tested, just like everyone else. It's Ganja. I ran faster when I lived in Jamaica.
×
×
  • Create New...