Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. I wouldn't mind some sort of postponement of these games. The Astros are the hottest team in baseball. The last thing the Cubs need is to get swept or lose 2/3.
  2. How is his range/ instincts? I have no way of knowing. I can give a rough outline of what I saw but I'm not qualified to make those judgments. It's hard to tell. I guess most of the balls he should have got to he did, but then again most of them were hit right at him I will say that by the time I saw him this year Fuld was playing CF and Fuld can go get them. He made at least on great catch to save "The Shark" some runs.
  3. Last night the Cubs took one more step closer to the NL crown. Move on. Lou making bone-headed moves and then getting pissy after a tough loss is not going to help this team. They need to be on an even keel. This stuff happens to a lot of teams toward the end of the season
  4. I've always been under the impression that if Z wasn't a Cub, he'd be hated by 99.9% of the population around here. No doubt. He'd pass Valverde, AJ Alphabet, Carlos Lee, Braun, LaTroy, etc. by a mile. Message boards for other team's fans are in full agreement when it comes to hating Carlos Zambrano. Player haters.
  5. I wish Harvey could make more contact. What a disappointment.
  6. From what I saw of Colvin (@ 4.5 games) He's got the arm to play RF or CF. If I'm remembering correctly he threw a guy out going from 1 to 3rd in one game we saw, and another at home (from RF). I think Vaughn Joshua needs to get a hold of him. I'm no expert on this (or even much of an ammeter), but to me his swing is long and loopy and I'm not so sure about his bat speed. I don't have much hope that he will be anything more than fringe player/defensive replacement in the unlikely event he spends significant time in the majors.
  7. Little known but excellent book called Some are Called Clowns by Bill Heward and Dimitri Gatt. It's about the last barnstorming team, the Indianapolis Clowns. It's a really funny and at times sad book.
  8. Wait, stop the presses. You've never cussed? No GDs? No shs? That is huge.
  9. why would it be different? His fingers on one hand don't really move and he doesn't have muscle in them?
  10. As somebody who is somewhat familar with NY cops/rent-a-cops, "the Yankee way" and faux-post 9/11 aggressive patriotism in the NY area, I would not dismiss his claims. I'd like to second this post. There are a lot of meat heads at Yankee stadium who will be more than willing to beat some sense into you should you not show the proper level of reverence.
  11. How in the world does he hold a bat?
  12. Every time the Brewers lose they are one game close to being eliminated from the NL Central Title. The only way they can catch the Cubs is to win when the Cubs lose. They cannot catch the Cubs no matter what else they do. This sort of thing happens to almost every team.
  13. I know that. What I meant was a contract extension. That would be a terrible mistake. $7 million isn't much to gamble, but if he excels in the postseason the smart play would be picking up his option then trading him. The smart play?
  14. [quote="craig" 2) Flaherty: stay at SS or position switched? Peoria or Daytona? Isn't it almost a given that he'll have to switch positions?
  15. What if the Brewers have been pushing us to greater heights though? They've been there the whole year. We've had to play our best baseball to stay head. I don't think a little positive pressure from the Crew has necessarily been a bad thing. I don't mind the Brewers keeping the pressure on the Cubs. It seems to bring out the best in them.
  16. He has to get him in game situations to keep him sharp. No one can predict the future. Before the Pittsburgh series he hadn't really pitched in a while. Which is why they pitched him the first game, but why the second? I got nothing.
  17. He has to get him in game situations to keep him sharp. No one can predict the future. Before the Pittsburgh series he hadn't really pitched in a while.
  18. Lou wouldn't use Eyre. Lou isn't always right. And I'd rather have him taking up a large chunk of space on our bullpen bench than have him on the Phillies. I'm not saying anything other than that Lou wouldn't use him. I don't know why.
  19. Isn't Cuban from Pittsburgh? 2 + 2 = 6
  20. The list of Poison songs are many but I think is the one.
×
×
  • Create New...