Can’t see it being the Cubs. Too close to the LT now I think As has been mentioned a lot, I don’t think they’d be against going over the LT this year for the right guy/moves. With all the money falling off after the year they could easily reset next year while having room to add. The only reason not to be in on Correa would be if this medical issue is really that big of a worry, which don’t blame them, or if they truly think they can get Ohtani next year and will wait until then to go over the LT. Nobody has said they are adverse to going over the LT, they try and not be repeaters but I’d be surprised if they aren’t over the LT in the next 3 years. According to reports the Cubs never made him a formal offer so I don’t think they’re interested at all.