Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. If they trade Bellinger I hope it is for a young MLB guy or a guy right on the cusp. Obviously, a high-end prospect. I'm not so sure those types of trades happen any longer. Hoarding prospects appears to be a market inefficiency.
  2. I don't listen, but I imagine it's a lot like Columbus, except they also talk about Auburn too. The only person worth listening to in Columbus was Herbstriet, and they ran him out of town.
  3. Back when I still lived in the area, I always hated this time of year on sports radio. The Cubs and Sox were still playing, but often irrelevant, and 90% of the non-commercial time was devoted to the Bears camp. ESPN and The Score would have quarter-hour reports from Hallas Hall on absolutely nothing and then they would take multiple calls from nutters about what the Bears should do with their third-string running back
  4. Give the 3B job to Morel. offseason 1. extend Bellinger 2. sign Chapman to play 3rd 3. sign Urias. that’s a 90 win team at the start of ST.
  5. Would anyone be surprised if Chapman is popped for a PED violation? He’s jacked up and throwing 103 MPH.
  6. Considering he didn’t start pitching in the majors full time until he was 25? I think your overall point is valid. You just have a lot of stuff in there that distracts. The most important of which is that the player you choose has shoved since he put on a professional uniform. a better example, and I may be dating myself, is Rick Reuschel. He came up at roughly the same age as Max. He was not a strikeout artist, but he learned to pitch in the big leagues and had an incredibly long career.
  7. Too much to hope for, but a win here is a dagger to to the heart for St. Louis.
  8. Don’t need a betting line on + Tallion + Sunday Cubs. I’m hoping for a minor miracle.
  9. Max went 1-11. Was widely considered the best pitcher in the minors and pitched in the big league after 1 year. Did he need to learn some things? Yes. Was he also dominant at pretty much every level? Yes also. Has he been dominant since he first came up? Yes. Is he going to the HOF? Yes, also. Whatever point you are trying to make isn’t made with him.
  10. Marquee should give the job to Owens full time and let Boog do whatever
  11. You’re rewriting history
  12. As Pat is fond of saying, “buckle in” we are going to the ninth.
×
×
  • Create New...