Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. How many time do you have to be shown that he's more than demonstrated over a long period of time that he's mastered AAA pitching? They are not handing him a job. And all rookies are in a "see what we have" category.
  2. I mostly agree with Goony. But it's really on the Cubs. If they use the available data they have and determine it's not a safe bet that he's going to produce, they have to find someone else. In the very extremely limited time he was up, he didn't look good although the underlying data looked okish. However, they also should not throw out another tomato-can retread at 1B next year in the hope that he will produce at some rate better than the unknown. I think Mervis deserves a legitimate chance if the Cubs can't find a legitimate MLB player in the offseason (I'm dreaming of Pete Alonso like Tom dreams about Ohtani).
  3. Taillon earned himself some Jameson with this start
  4. to say the least. It wasn't looking to hot before the waiver claim. Jensen was less interesting as a reliever. They're a dime a dozen. Still hope for Hearn, lol.
  5. You don't know that. He probably fails, because most do. And he doesn't have the development time left to work it out, as you've pointed out multiple times. But you are far over your skies. The issue is that the Cubs don't have ABs to give away while waiting to find the answer. They are in win mode.
  6. I don't know that he's been over-coached. Baseball is about adjustments. Unfortunately, he has to adjust to less than accurate strike calling, all of them have to do that. He's not shown game power the entire time he's been in Chicago, so I don't know if he has that tool in the box. However, he should be better at bat-to-ball and swing choice.
  7. ok. Hopefully, they learned not to pitch to Alonso.
  8. Seiya, still has not adjusted to the MLB strike zone and it's messed up his timing and pitch selection. I think that is the root cause. He's in between on a lot of ABs and paralyzed. I think it's more a mental issue than a physical one. I don't know the solution. He's been punished more than most for his outstanding vision at laying off balls out of the zone and it's messed everything else up.
  9. And he still didn't want to be traded back to St. Louis.
  10. Apparently JD does not travel to either coast
  11. I wonder if the Cubs could pry Eloy back this offseason. Getting him in a different environment might work wonders.
  12. Two things worry me: 1) Ross’s habit of letting his starters pitch to failure and relatedly; 2) The bullpen or really the lack of lock down lefty. If Leiter can get back to form that helps a lot. I’m a believer in Fulmer and Adbert. I wish they had one or two more.
  13. Luis Devers Had a really good day. 5 innings of shutout pitching
×
×
  • Create New...