Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. That’s on me. I didn’t remember which forum to open the “2023 Other Games” thread. Clearly picked wrong. Feel free to merge/delete/whatever as necessary. The topic, not me!
  2. Dylan Cease gave up a lead off single. He’s then struck out 8 of the next 12 batters. The Astros hitters look completely lost at the plate thru 4 innings. Cease is dealing!
  3. Under With the off day tomorrow, they’ll use the bullpen early and often.
  4. Yeah, I get the stats, and it’s clearly well deserved. Just visually, it looks like he’s uncertain he’ll catch the ball. Nothing natural about it, but he gets the job done.
  5. Every time I hear “gold glove LFer Ian Happ”, I’m befuddled. Every ball hit to him looks like it’s an adventure.
  6. Aaron Judge crushed the second pitch he saw over the CF wall. Picking right up where he left off in 2022.
  7. Not Cubs related but Aaron Judge just crushed an 0-1 pitch over the CF wall. Picking up where he left off 2022.
  8. Any of you have the annual “Little League Parade” where teams decorated pickups. Nothing like cramming 12-14 in the bed of a pickup and driving around town.
  9. I always wonder how significant it for the players adjusting overnight to temperature extremes. Grant it, the weather out here in AZ has been much cooler than normal. But to go from sunshine and upper 60s / low 80s to the crap weather in Wrigleyville….upper 40s, ugh!,
  10. The Packers GM actually stated earlier this week that the Packers do not need a First Round pick to complete the trade. I think the Jets and Packers brass know exactly how this will unfold (for the most part), but feel no need to make it public. What I’ve read is the Jets want some type of “trade back” from the Packers if AR only plays one season. It’s really all just speculation at this point.
  11. I’ll give it a go, although I may need a reminder. I was full of suckage the last time I played along.
  12. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
  13. If the Angels are actually shopping him at the deadline, that to me would assume they’re “out” when it comes to his next contract. Given that, I could see a scenario where they get a haul, but not necessarily an historical haul. If they know they can’t/won’t sign him, to get a great package in a trade might be appealing instead of getting nothing by holding out out for the best deal (which may never come).
  14. The algorithms come for us all eventually. That’s what that one line from Nolan’s The Dark Knight was about probably I have found Olberman to be a smug, arrogant lecturer pretty much the entire time he’s had a public voice.
  15. That was two terrible approaches to ABs by Realmuto and Mullins. You have the fastest guy in baseball on first base with one out as the tying run and the next two hitters swing at first pitches. Seriously???
  16. Cubs / Reds cancelled. In the 4th inning. Due to rain. In Arizona. In Phoenix. Who’da thunk?.?
  17. Don’t the validity to this, but I’ve heard a contract can’t be renegotiated in the first year. AR signed his extension one year ago today. Jets May need his contract renewed/extended order to create the cap space to take on his contract. And that couldn’t be done prior to today. If true, makes sense.
  18. Caissie with a line drive RBI single to right in his first WBC AB. Mervis did the same (minus the RBI) earlier today. Two really hard hit balls.
  19. USA is stacked offensively and defensively, and relief pitching looks pretty solid. But if they fail to make/win the WBC, I think it will be due to their very pedestrian starting pitching. Wainright, Mikolas, and Lynn don’t really do it for me. I do like Merrill Kelly, though.
  20. So I guess it’s an upset, but Venezuela just pretty much handled the D.R. 5-1.
  21. Wesneski with 4 innings (so far), 12 up, 12 down with 4 K against Dodgers SS.
  22. Stroman starts Puerto Rico's opening game and goes 4.2 with 2 Ks, 0 BB, 2 H, 1 HR, 1 ER.
×
×
  • Create New...