Jump to content
North Side Baseball

mk49

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    2,516
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by mk49

  1. Check the splits. Shota's ERA is 0.95 (Amaya) and 5.32 (Kelly). With Amaya, Shota gives up less HR's (HR/9: 0.94 vs 1.58) and more strikeouts (K/9: 12.32 vs 8.08). The opponent's OPS are very different, too (.533 vs .720). For Brown, ERA 1.19 (Amaya) and 4.38 (Kelly). I'm not saying they don't pitch well with Kelly catching. Sometimes, they do. But, Amaya will give them better chance. https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=imanash01&year=2026&t=p#all_catch
  2. If Amaya starts today, most likely, they would win. I think it'll be Kelly today, and I just hope Shota pitches well. Then, tomorrow, Amaya will be the catcher, and Ben will pitch well.
  3. I agree, but I wouldn't say that, after Rea and the pen pitch well most of the innings tonight.
  4. I didn't complain about what you said. I actually thought you're wrong. I thought you're funny, too.😄 Don't take it personal. We're winning, and it's all good.
  5. Exactly. This is one of 162 games, not a playoff game. And, Counsell should have kept Rea in the 6th.
  6. Thornton has been pretty good. I'm impressed. I should mention that I get impressed easily.
  7. Yeah, you can say that, because we already know what happened in the 6th.😄 Rea walked a few, but he allowed only a few hits, before that HR.
  8. Well, his pitch count was low, and he didn't give up a run, until that inning. I won't blame Counsell for that.
  9. Yeah, that was a really bad pitch, something that Bregman would take.😁
  10. Hopefully, this doesn't mean Kelly will be the catcher tomorrow. I think he will be, though. The problem we have is that Shota and Ben pitch much better with Amaya, and they pitch back to back. Rea is probably better with Kelly.
  11. Oh, OK. Thanks. I thought something might have happened. After his injury, I didn't expect much out of Wiggins this year, anyway. I want Steele to pitch well at the end of the season + the playoffs.
  12. I'm pretty sure the Cubs were the best team against Skenes last year. OK, I just checked the stats. The Cubs' OPS against him was .982 last year. He gave up only 11 HR's whole year, and the Cubs hit 4 of them. Yes, it's a very small sample size, 3 games, and yes, he's one of the best, but we have a chance to beat him.
  13. I understand Kelly is the most consistent hitter we have. And, I feel like the lineup doesn't look as good without him. That said, let Amaya catch for Shota and Ben. That's all I ask. I bet Shota's ERA with Amaya is less than 1.00, and over 5.00 with Kelly. I'm sure it's not a coincidence. I think we would've won the last Shota's game, if Amaya was the catcher. I'm not bashing Kelly. I like him a lot, but for Shota and Ben, we need Amaya to get some wins. Amaya is also one of the better hitters with RISP. When healthy, he was an RBI machine last year, and he's still kinda doing that this year. I didn't know his xBA and xwOBA were that low, though.
×
×
  • Create New...