Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Why do we let one game decide everything rather than the body of work?
  2. Raisin, I'm a little foggy on the details of who you are aligned to. Are you pro-Cal as well as UCLA? I'm a UCLA alum, will always root for UCLA first and foremost. After UCLA, I'm pro Pac-10, so whenever it doesn't hurt UCLA, I root for the top teams in the conference to do well (depending on how I feel, I might root for USC even). And I certainly want to see Cal and USC win today so the game next week means more. ETA: I do favor Cal over any other Pac-10 school besides UCLA since Cal is a fellow UC.
  3. I understand what you're saying, but budgetary principles can be stupid things to hang onto. Lets say you have to buy 2 items: You need to buy a TV and a DVD player. You have a fixed amount of money to spend on both. You go into Best Buy saying you want to spend no more than $1000 on the TV, and $300 on the DVD player. You bring $1300 with you. You get there, and you see an unbelievably good TV for $1150. It's more than what you resolved to spend, but it will make a huge difference in picture quality. Do you stick to your budgetary principle and get the inferioir TV that will get you by, and get your nice DVD player with a bunch of options, or do you change your budget around, get the nice TV that will make even a poor DVD player look awesome, and get a midrange DVD player? This is what Hendry is faced with. He has the choice between the really good 3B and a cheap bench, or an average 3B and a moderately priced bench. Which is going to make a bigger difference? Both will cost the same net amount of money; its where you allocate your funds that makes the difference. why should we buy a tv and dvd player when we can get 8 vcr's? Well played, Treeman.
  4. Woot! (Ignores the fact that most of the success came before I was born.)
  5. DeSean Jackson back in the game, looks like he's not hurt too bad. Longshore is STRUGGLING.
  6. Man, Lincoln Holdzkom got LIT up today. :( Jake Fox with his first AFL homer, though.
  7. Congrats! Man, UK is going to a bowl game and UCLA probably won't. Sad. :(
  8. Marshawn Lynch is a beast. Is DeSean Jackson hurt?
  9. North Shore wins 6-5, box: SP S. Koerber 3 IP, 5 ER, 7 H, 4 K/1 BB, WP, 2 GO-2 FO, 64 pitches (44 strikes) Overall: 30 IP, 22 ER, 40 H, 34 K/10 BB, 1 HBP, 4 HR, 6.60 ERA, 1.80 WHIP
  10. Part 2 of the Sean Gallagher and Chris Walker roundtable discussion has been posted: link (Premium).
  11. Licey loses 11-1, box: CF F. Pie 1/3, K (13) Overall: 17/64, .266/.288/.328/.616, 1 HBP, 1 BB, 13 K, 4 2B, 3/3 SB Ahh, the always fantastic 13/1 K/BB ratio. :(
  12. Caribes lose 11-1, box: SP I. Pavlik 1.2 IP, 4 ER, 5 H, 2 K/2 BB, 1 HR Tigres beat the Leones 4-1, box: C H. Blanco 0/3 CF B. Coats 1/4, 2B (1) SS R. Cedeño 0/4, 3 K - dropped to 8th in the lineup Overall: Isaac Pavlik (Caribes): 22 IP, 15 R, 14 ER, 31 H, 15 K/11 BB, 5.73 ERA, 1.91 WHIP Henry Blanco (Leones): 13/59, .220/.270/.217/.541, 1 HBP, 3 BB, 6 K Buck Coats (Tigres): 17/69, .246/.325/.391/.716, 1 HBP, 7 BB, 11 K, 3 HR, 1/1 SB Ronny Cedeño (Tigres): 6/31, .194/.219/.226/.445, 1 HBP, 0 BB, 7 K, 0/2 SB
  13. Mesa loses 2-1, box: 2B E. Patterson 2/4, R 3B S. Moore 2/4, RBI (12) Overall: Eric Patterson: 32/91, .352/.416/.495/.911, 10 BB, 11 K, 11/13 SB, 6 E Scott Moore: 22/87, .253/.356/.471/.827, 14 BB, 22 K, 4/5 SB, 3 E
  14. Culiacan loses 6-5, box: 3B C. McGehee 1/4, R, BB (12), K (9) Overall: 28/90, .311/.392/.489/.881, 3 HR, 7 2B, 12 BB, 9 K, 0/1 SB, 6 E
  15. Bruce Miles himself said that MacPhail added the opt-out clause (after Katz came in at the last moment with the opt-out clause request, as RHIAB pointed out).
  16. I thought you visited this board a lot before you registed? If you did, you'd have noted a lot of people wanted Aramis re-signed before it got to this, and everyone hated the opt-out clause. Thanks for handling that via PM, Raisin. Anything else I say on the subject will be conducted off these boards, thank you. Where did I say that no one complained about the opt out clause? I was against that at the time too. I don't remember one person, much less all those up in arms about the present situation calling for a new contract this past winter (which is ridiculously implausible anyway). Either way, there were posters who wanted to have Aramis re-signed (or an effort made) last offseason itself and posted as much.
  17. Leones win 10-4, box: C H. Blanco 0/4 Tigres lose 5-4 in 10 innings, box: SS R. Cedeño 0/5, K, CS (2) Overall: Henry Blanco (Leones): 13/56, .232/.283/.286/.569, 1 HBP, 3 BB, 6 K Ronny Cedeño (Tigres): 6/27, .222/.250/.259/.509, 1 HBP, 0 BB, 4 K, 0/2 SB
×
×
  • Create New...