Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Is Mustain seriously worse than Dick?
  2. McFadden will be fine in a normal NFL offense, imo. I certainly have some questions about Slaton, but he's also a weapon in the passing game which is a good sign.
  3. Same could be said for Soriano? Definitely. But I don't think Soriano will be a tub of lard in four years :)
  4. Depending on who comes out with him. I'd say top 5 easily. Definitely. Besides AD, there isn't another running back in NCAA right now I'd rate higher than McFadden. After the first few weeks I would have said Garrett Wolfe, but he had a four games stretch against below average opponents in which he stunk it up. Maybe Steve Slaton but McFadden is very good. I'm talking about pro potential here. As such, I don't think Wolfe is anywhere near AD, McFadden, Slaton or Lynch. Pittman from OSU has very good potential. He doesnt get all the accolades because the offense doesnt revolve around him. He will be more of a focus next year with Troy Smith gone. He's got all the skills you look for. I do like Pittman (he's on my college fantasy team) but I don't think he's as good as Peterson or McFadden. It'll be interesting to see if he will split carries with Wells or not next year. Any chance he turns pro after this season?
  5. And that was a horrible read/throw for the pick-6. Did Dixon get hurt?
  6. You're kidding, right?
  7. Depending on who comes out with him. I'd say top 5 easily. Definitely. Besides AD, there isn't another running back in NCAA right now I'd rate higher than McFadden. After the first few weeks I would have said Garrett Wolfe, but he had a four games stretch against below average opponents in which he stunk it up. Maybe Steve Slaton but McFadden is very good. I'm talking about pro potential here. As such, I don't think Wolfe is anywhere near AD, McFadden, Slaton or Lynch.
  8. Depending on who comes out with him. I'd say top 5 easily. Definitely. Besides AD, there isn't another running back in NCAA right now I'd rate higher than McFadden.
  9. He hits the Cubs well (who doesn't?) and he'll like playing his home games at the Juice Box, but after about 3-4 years, that contract isn't going to be pleasant. And he'll need to be DHing by then.
  10. Agreed, even if Samardizja ends up in the NFL. After reading up a lot more, I really liked some of the later picks.
  11. I understand why a lot of people are rating Pawelek so low, but if the cleaning up of his mechanics can hold, he should be a higher rated prospect (and will show it next year). And nothing is as bad an indictment on the farm system as Ryan Harvey coming in at #8 with little argument from me.
  12. He's the Miguel "Mickey" Negron of Nicaragua!
  13. Caribes lose 12-9 in 12 innings, box: CF C. Walker 0/0, BB (15) - came in as a defensive replacement in the top of the 9th inning RP T. Atlee 2.2 IP, 3 ER, 3 H, 0 K/2 BB Leones lose 6-1, box: C H. Blanco 1/2 Tigres lose 1-0 in 12 innings, box: SS R. Cedeño 1/5, 2 K (20) Overall: Chris Walker (Caribes): 26/118, .220/.322/.288/.610, 3 HBP, 15 BB, 25 K, 1 HR, 18/21 SB Thomas Atlee (Caribes): 17.2 IP, 6 R, 5 ER, 18 H, 10 K/8 BB, 2.55 ERA, 1.47 WHIP Henry Blanco (Leones): 23/102, .225/.282/.324/.606, 1 HBP, 7 BB, 14 K, 2 HR, 1/1 SB Ronny Cedeño (Tigres): 17/74, .230/.278/.270/.548, 1 HBP, 4 BB, 20 K, 1 HR, 0/2 SB, 1 E
  14. Culiacan wins 6-3, box: 3B C. McGehee 2/4, R, HR (4), RBI (25), K (13) Gusave loses 7-0, box: 3B I. Salas 1/3, K (7) Overall: Casey McGehee (Culiacan): 47/135, .348/.417/.489/.906, 4 HR, 7 2B, 16 BB, 13 K, 1/2 SB, 8 E Issmael Salas (Gusave): 12/44, .273/.319/.295/.608, 1 2B, 3 BB, 7 K, 0/1 SB
  15. I thought that was hilarious. Too bad he couldn't fit in Dallas.
  16. Last year, ITI said the Cubs were signing Furcal and trading for Soriano. They all but guaranteed it. At least, they only missed Soriano by a year. Couple of years, they also said the Cubs were signing Pudge. Oh man, I remember that. And let's not forget ITI's scouting report of Bobby Brownlie with his "outlaw" 95 mph curve. :)
  17. Yay. But not too much at a time.
  18. Yeah, that's why a couple of us have said we like the direction they're headed in Latin America.
  19. What channel is the game on?
  20. That's not really the case. Run production and run prevention are equally important. The thing is, at the major league level, the vast majority of run prevention occurs on the mound, as the difference between the best and worst major league fielders at a given position is relatively small, especially when compared to the difference between the best and worst hitters at the same position. So, when choosing a player, defense should be given some consideration, but much more consideration should be given to his offensive skill set, as that's where he's much more likely to be beneficial, with very rare exception. Yup, that makes solid sense. People shouldnt say that defense doesn't matter though. I believe middle infield/outfield range can make a large impact on hits/runs that a pitcher may or may not give up. More than most people think. Its not something that you can debate with stats though. But no one has said defense doesn't matter! Oh, sorry lol I guess I was seeing things. Nah, you're not. Baseball7897 said earlier in this thread that some of the folks here say defense doesn't matter...but no one has said that.
  21. That's not really the case. Run production and run prevention are equally important. The thing is, at the major league level, the vast majority of run prevention occurs on the mound, as the difference between the best and worst major league fielders at a given position is relatively small, especially when compared to the difference between the best and worst hitters at the same position. So, when choosing a player, defense should be given some consideration, but much more consideration should be given to his offensive skill set, as that's where he's much more likely to be beneficial, with very rare exception. Yup, that makes solid sense. People shouldnt say that defense doesn't matter though. I believe middle infield/outfield range can make a large impact on hits/runs that a pitcher may or may not give up. More than most people think. Its not something that you can debate with stats though. But no one has said defense doesn't matter!
  22. Actually, one recent year it was rated THE best, not just one of the best. 2002.
×
×
  • Create New...