Ok, I take back what I said in my last post, I certainly would trade Dopirak if I get some good value. I meant to say the Cubs probably wouldn't be able to improve the team much in a Dopirak trade, and if that's the case, I'd rather hold on to him and try to improve his value. I also think most teams would be interested in other, better Cubs prospects who are more likely to reach the major leagues.
You can't hang the loss of Drew on Coletti, that wasn't his contract. Depodesta made that stupid contract, similar to A-Ram's He did sign Juan though.... Of course he could have just resigned Drew and not whined about being betrayed. Ned could have had JD back if he acted professional. He didn't want Drew and played up the whole being betrayed part, he wanted to make a stamp with this team with the money freed up from JD's contract.
Eric Patterson is the only Cub to make the AFL All-Prospect Team, a team of 22 players selected by AFL managers, coaches and administrators to recognize the best performers this past AFL season.
Maybe the notion that he doesn't have a position is playing a part. Perhaps he'll be thrown in a trade to an AL team. Don't see how one can judge that based on an injury-plagued year. This is trade low, I wouldn't trade Dopirak right now at all. And Brian is still on the 40-man. EDIT: I agree with what Craig said in regards to Fox, this is an indictment on Jake's chances of sticking at C.
"This man gets on base an awful lot," Colletti said of Pierre. "He gets 200 hits or more, is a great guy on a club and, like Nomar, has great qualities as a human being." - LA Times. No TJ Simers or Bill Plaschke piece yet. :(
Don't know vicarous liability yet, but thin skulled plaintiff I know all about. Some here would say that J.D. Drew would qualify for the thin skulled plaintiff rule, but not sure I would agree. :wink: Law school in Clovis?
It easily has the "meaningless content" award locked up. You weren't around for the old "chit-chat" threads in social. Yeah, this thread needs about 40 times as much content, then it might be close. Pages? yes. Content? no. LIES.
The game is at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA. The game will be on FOX. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061119/capt.19186749d9684c1384c3ef8c6e104508.bears_jets_football_eru214.jpg
this thread is quickly turning into a giant nerd party. And I didn't even help. :( Right on, man! All this twaddle about "stats" is just one more attempt by our oppressively monolithic Western culture to subvert your deep-seated natural instincts and to denigrate the rightful primacy of your sociocultural background and condition by subjugating you with it's fascistic "ideas" and "facts." This cult of heartless, dreamkilling fascists plots to rip us out of the rich cultural tapestry into which we were born, and to rend us from the abiding connection to our cultural roots which is the source of all truly abiding nourishment and sustenance. Thousands of endangered sac bunts die every day, and what do we do? But you can see through this--you and perhaps you alone can see through their imperalistic claims of "objective truth" and obsession with illusory "facts." You and perhaps you alone can see that they wish to tear you from your natural impulses-- the exhilaration of exciting plays unmediated by reflection. You and St. Morgan may be our last hope-- to protect the sanctity of pristine baseball-in-the-moment experience and anecdotes-around-the-fire from the fetid conspiracy of these boot-licking statistics lovers! Down with the fascism of facts! Or not. Awesome.
All 4 of the calls have been BS. Personally, I think the refs should just let Kobe shoot FTs every time the Lakers get the ball. Even if the quarter is over. Even the Lakers announcers are ripping the refs.