"This looks a lot worse than what the pain is," Big Tommie said reassuringly after the game, a walking cast wrapped around his left leg. "I don't really have any pain." --- "It was just when I was trying to get that burst, recovering and running," Vasher said. "I think the weather had a little bit to do with it. I just felt a little strain. I don't know the severity of it, but hopefully it's not too bad."
This defense is good enough to the point where that isn't necessarily true. Both of Seattle's TD came off turnovers or because of them. And Hasselbeck hasn't looked that great.
thats what I fear. I dont know what the problem is. Turner? Grossman's brashness? I dont get it. He was phenomenal early in the season, now just junk. I think he needs a mental break. He's still in his first full year starting so he's young. He's played more games this year than in the previous three combined. He's going to have good games and he's going to have bad games. This is why, at the beginning of the year, I didn't like when the media was going nuts after Grossman's first few games and were annointing him the next great QB in the league. It wasn't going to last. Now, the media has pulled a 180 and is ripping Grossman after a few bad games. He's not as good as he played those first few games and he's not as bad as he's played the last few games. Which leads me to Tony Romo. He's the media golden boy right now but you know that won't last. I doubt it gets as bad for Romo as it has for Grossman but as Romo proved today, he's going to have off games. He won't finish the year with a 110 rating. As for benching Grossman, I think it will happen but I'm not sure if it's the best idea or not. Didn't Rex play better than Romo @ NY though? Hmmmm...... In worse weather.
Are you talking about the Saints or the 49ers defense being junk? I presumed you meant the Saints. Regardless of which of them you meant, I agree that the Cowboys v. Saints game next sunday night is going to be a huge game for the NFC. I was referring to the 49ers being junk. It would be difficult for Grossman to shred the Saints' defense since they aren't on the schedule... Again with the Rex bashing. ;)
Our offense still sucks and FSU's defense is good. I think it will be a close one, hopefully the fact that it's in San Francisco and FSU shows their disappointment in having to come to the Emerald Freaking Bowl helps us out a lot.
Craig - nice going. Your're absolutely correct. You may have already seen that Jim Callis in his 12/2 "Ask BA" indicated that the Cubs will indeed get the 31st pick. TB & KC did not have any departing FA's that were eligible for draft pick compensation, so the Cubs are locked in at #31 in addition to having the # 3 overall pick. The sandwich round appears that it will be an entire full round (of close to 30 picks) once all the picks are awarded. Washington can't be too pleased with the compensation they're receiving for Soriano. In addition to their sandwich pick, our 2nd round pick going to WAS could be close to #60-65 overall once all the comp. picks have been awarded. http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/askba/262950.html
Sorry Ryno, didn't see that. What happened? He took a knee and ran off the field into the tunnel like he has a plane to catch. I guess he could be going to relieve himself, but I sincerely doubt it. if you aren't joking you need to seek mental help You know full well that's out of line. Attack the post, not the poster.