Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Maybe not Matt Harvey and Neil ramirez espec., they're supposed to be very polished. How polished is Harvey and Ramirez compared to other polished HS pitchers? Are they really more advanced than Samardzija, despite how little time he put in to baseball?
  2. I want an inside scorer and Gasol really doesn't provide that.
  3. And a certain storm that I put a moritorium on mentioning in this thread.
  4. Do we ever beat Western Conference teams? Not since the Jordan years. I like some of the things this club is doing but the lack of success against the Western Conference is just more of the same, and would tend to indicate we won't win our first playoff series (once again). Why would the Bulls lose in the first round? They won't be playing till a Western Conference team?
  5. It's annoying, it's a Bulls game and not a Jazz or Illini game. I bet the Bulls players were quite happy that their home crowd was more interested in their opponent than whether or not the Bulls won. I love my former Bruins, but you don't see me going to Miami to yell at the Heat to play Jason Kapono or Charlotte to see Ryan Hollins or some other 12th man Bruin (and I don't care about those teams). either way people shouldnt be ripping the illini or anything in this thread, i wasnt at the game last night I'm ripping the fans.
  6. As I've mentioned elsewhere, part of the excitement is that he's as good as he is even though he's never pitched a full season. In high school, he was an OF. What you see now is a draft pick that has only been pitching part time for a few years while primarily training for a different sport that was able to step into SS-A and A-ball and get excellent results. He was able to learn very quickly a feel for a changeup and is able to get good spin on a slider, though he needs to be more consistent with it. He's a tremendous athlete for a pitcher which is commonly believed to assist with repeatability of motion. He's got a great "pitcher's body". Oh yeah, and he throws hard. And while he's "raw" for a college pitcher, he's still more advanced than an 18-year old straight out of HS. But he's not 18. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread with my skepticism. I'm not really down on Samardjia. I kind of have a "show me" attitude. I hope all the hype is deserved. He'll be 22 at high-A. That's not exactly a problem.
  7. Did you consider going into the hallway and shorting out one of the electrical outlets with a paperclip? Thats playing with fire man. What if he shorted out the power for the building, then no TV today. Good point. I'm sure even in Urbana-Champaign they have a thing called sports bars.
  8. It's annoying, it's a Bulls game and not a Jazz or Illini game. I bet the Bulls players were quite happy that their home crowd was more interested in their opponent than whether or not the Bulls won. I love my former Bruins, but you don't see me going to Miami to yell at the Heat to play Jason Kapono or Charlotte to see Ryan Hollins or some other 12th man Bruin (and I don't care about those teams).
  9. With Oregon's win over UCLA a couple weeks ago, they're actually in first place and UCLA is in second. [/technicality] :wink: Tiebreakers, schmybreakers. Let's see the Ducks win at Pauley.
  10. Three views for you, it looks to be tapering off and there will be a few snow showers off and on the rest of the way: http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_ord_metroradar_plus_usen.jpg http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_ord_ultraradar_plus_usen.jpg http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_ord_closeradar_plus_usen.jpg GO BEARS!!!
  11. Poor control, struggled early in the season, was demoted to the pen and had some lost velocity (came back into the rotation with fixed his mechanics and his velocity back and did much better, which is why I think BA is underrating him). Dude's got some makeup questions after coming to camp out of shape. He basically cost himself a promotion this season and delayed his MLB debut by 1/2 a season at least. I fully expect the boot to the backside the Cubs gave him last season will motivate him this offseason. Hopefully we don't go through a success builds complacency deal with him ever again. And yet he bounced back and showed all the signs of why he's considered a big prospect.
  12. As I've mentioned elsewhere, part of the excitement is that he's as good as he is even though he's never pitched a full season. In high school, he was an OF. What you see now is a draft pick that has only been pitching part time for a few years while primarily training for a different sport that was able to step into SS-A and A-ball and get excellent results. He was able to learn very quickly a feel for a changeup and is able to get good spin on a slider, though he needs to be more consistent with it. He's a tremendous athlete for a pitcher which is commonly believed to assist with repeatability of motion. He's got a great "pitcher's body". Oh yeah, and he throws hard. And while he's "raw" for a college pitcher, he's still more advanced than an 18-year old straight out of HS.
  13. Culiacan loses 8-6, box, Mazatlan wins best-of-seven series 4-3: 3B C. McGehee 3/4, 2 RBI (4) Playoffs: 12/47, .255/.364/.340/.704, 4 2B, 9 K, 8 BB, 3 E Regular Season: 74/247, .300/.365/.425/.790, 7 HR, 10 2B, 27 BB, 33 K, 1/3 SB, 11 E
  14. Did you check out the Down on the Farm segment? Down on the Farm is tomorrow morning. I may or may not be able to make that one due to having to get to the airport. I'm definitely going to try to attend. Here's hoping you make it!
  15. Who is playing at halftime? Fall Out Boy.
  16. Jim Callis is awesome. Nice to hear how high Samardzija's ceiling is. And good call on Samardzija = Brackman a while back, kc.
  17. Oregon came from behind to beat Cal 92-84. They remain tied with UCLA for first in the Pac-10.
  18. Crazy as he is, he'd be a good Defensive End. He'd love sacking people. I could see him pointing to his head and swearing to himself after every sack. Imagine if he's held and the ref didn't call him. Roughing the QB calls...
  19. Disappointing effort for the Bulls too. Really could have used a better effort.
  20. You want Dee? Buy a plane ticket to Salt Lake City.
  21. They have a shorter passing game, though, so it might affect Grossman's deep throws more. True, they run a west coast offense type thing with lots of short passes. The Saints have a HUGE propensity to give up the big play and Rex throws a deep ball fairly well. So the wind might affect the Bears passing game more than the Saints. On the flip side, both Bush and Deuce have done worse on grass than indoors and the snow really won't help Bush. It also helps negate the Bears' team speed on defense as we might remember the Pittsburgh game last season.
  22. Embarassing. Boos for Deron Williams fouling out. And another Dee Brown chant. This is a Bulls game, not an Illini game. Go to Urbana.
  23. 48/192, .250/.300/.432/.732, 1 HBP, 17 BB, 41 K, 6 HR, 3 3B, 11 2B, 1/5 SB, 5 E
×
×
  • Create New...