Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Dammit, he had the first down if he didn't slip.
  2. Yay, the board is back. Sort of. We need 7 this time at least.
  3. We were already in FG range if we recovered that. :(
  4. You know Ogun could have out-run guys like Bush and the Saints' WRs.
  5. Freaking Ogun. Only Tillman and Urlacher tried to dive.
  6. They're gonna blitz all day. And we're not going to be able to stop them.
  7. I'm pretty sure no one did. My cousins got tix through their uncle's work. :x
  8. Saints win the toss and will receive.
  9. Yeah, outside of the Bulls of the 90s and UCLA bball last spring, I have had nothing. And since I had to work during the UCLA game, I have never been this pumped/nervous for a sports game (like MJ made us nervous...even against the Lakers for the first title). I hesitate to mention it, but what about Game 6? I was nervous/excited for Game 5 of the NLDS, was just excited for Game 6 and was depressed for Game 7. It's tough to compete with football's (and college basketball's) one-and-done system.
  10. Yeah, outside of the Bulls of the 90s and UCLA bball last spring, I have had nothing. And since I had to work during the UCLA game, I have never been this pumped/nervous for a sports game (like MJ made us nervous...even against the Lakers for the first title).
  11. Hrm, they stink against better teams from the Western Conference so, despite having a high seed and playing an inferior Eastern Conference team in the first round (against who the Bulls do well), they will still lose? Oh, and because they got past the first round with MJ and did well against the West then, that has to be the correlation as to why they can't get past the first round post-MJ. It can't be that they had inferior teams in the last few years and this year they have a better team against the East. Do they really look better though? I'm using those Western Conference teams as a measuring stick. How can you tell if they're better by beating up on some inferior Eastern Conference clubs? Well, you said they'd lose in the first round...they'll play the inferior Eastern Conference clubs in the first round that they have done well against. I have no clue how failure against Western Conference teams will prevent them from winning in the first round against teams that they have done well against.
  12. Lovie's pre-game speech was awesome. He showed that 18 of 21 main stream media analysts predicted the Saints and told them the Saints lost 6 games this season and that there was no reason the Bears should be underdogs at home. "Let's put the underdog label to rest once and for all."
  13. We should see some light snow in the second half.
  14. Has FOX's pre-game sucked all day? Are the Patriots the best team of all time? And a segment about the hurricane now.
  15. I'm sorry, but you're just flat out wrong. I've watched him on league pass the last 2 years, and he is as good as they get in the post. He also always draws fouls under the hoop, and is usually in the top 5-10 in FTA's in the entire league. All he does is back down players...maybe i'm wrong but i'm guessing you just haven't seen too much of him. Edit: I'm also pretty sure he was in the top 5 or 10 in points in the paint last year. Ok, if that's the case that's better. As you said, I've only seen Gasol a few times - a few playoffs games a few games against the Bulls or the LA teams. I hope you're right but I really would waiver on trading Deng.
  16. Do we ever beat Western Conference teams? Not since the Jordan years. I like some of the things this club is doing but the lack of success against the Western Conference is just more of the same, and would tend to indicate we won't win our first playoff series (once again). Why would the Bulls lose in the first round? They won't be playing till a Western Conference team? Work with me here. Bulls haven't gotten out of the first round since Jordan, and all that time they've stunk against the Western Conference. This year, they still stink against those better teams. It's a correlation. Hrm, they stink against better teams from the Western Conference so, despite having a high seed and playing an inferior Eastern Conference team in the first round (against who the Bulls do well), they will still lose? Oh, and because they got past the first round with MJ and did well against the West then, that has to be the correlation as to why they can't get past the first round post-MJ. It can't be that they had inferior teams in the last few years and this year they have a better team against the East.
  17. BBB, Petco has no area for smokers? Are you serious? I thought they did. Even Angel and Dodger Stadium do.
  18. my drunkeness assumes it has to do with the farm system. Exactly.
×
×
  • Create New...