Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. What are your thoughts on Sarkisian? I don't know all that much about him other than he's a coach at USC. But because of that, I would have to think that he is a good candidate for the job and wouldn't mind having him. USC fans would disagree with you, but I would disagree with them. I think they expected far too much once Norm Chow left.
  2. I swear upon all that is holy that you better not be talking about me. I've suffered my entire life watching this team every Sunday, many of those times I was watching in person in the Superdome, and I'll be damned if I'll be called a bandwagon fan, after ALL these years of suffering. Bandwagon fan. :) ETA: Derwood, OMC has mentioned in his Saints' fandom before, even before this season. Not sure why anyone would ever have to defend the sports teams they root for, especially here.
  3. In regards to Reggie Bush and winter weather, there was a big deal when, during his sophomore year, USC went to Pullman to play WSU. It was supposedly the first time 60% or so of the Trojans had ever seen snow (including Bush), and Reggie had an off game and attributed it to the elements.
  4. "Bradley says he's probable for Saints game" http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/211210,SPX-News-inj15.article That was from the 15th, as of the 16th, the Sun-Times had this to say: Injury reports should be out later today.
  5. If the Cubs actually made the playoffs, I'd be willing to read about Mark DeRosa's boyhood home. Until then...BEARS BEARS BEARS!
  6. Channel 212 for Directv. I wish I could watch it though. We had guys on the roof of our condo fixing a few problems caused by animals, and one of them decided it'd be a good idea to mess with our satellite dish. So now we have to wait for the Directv people to come fix it. Normally we'd go up there, but after all the freezing rain there's a nice layer of ice up there. I don't feel like falling 4 stories onto a parking lot trying to get my tv back up and running. And you call yourself a fan.
  7. With one game left for Licey and the Gigantes in the DWL Round Robin, Licey has a 1 game lead in the second and final advancing position.
  8. Hester needs to learn to catch, he's freaking me out with all his muffs.
  9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEi_bN49bKo :)
  10. Grimm interviewed with the Bears when they ended up picking Lovie. Grimm may have been offered the job, but balked when he was told he wouldn't have total autonomy to pick his staff. Now that Wiz is out of the picture, I hope they hire Grimm. I'd have preferred Wiz to Grimm, Arizona got a good one.
  11. If they were playing kids, they'd be jinxed.
  12. The light went on. He just "gets it" now. I sure as hell hope that's not what Cubs management thinks, but I would hope that other managements do. Even in 44 bats, that's a tremendous difference in output. Frankly, I didn't think Ronny was capable of such offensive firepower. Sure he's capable of swinging the bat well, esp at this level. In 2005, he hit .355/.403/.518/.921 at AAA (245 ABs).
  13. I worry about his elbow and back all the time. Let's just not talk about it.
  14. Culiacan won 4-2, box, best-of-seven series tied 2-2: 3B C. McGehee 0/3, R, BB (7), K (8) Playoffs: 9/37, .243/.364/.351/.715, 4 2B, 8 K, 7 BB, 2 E Regular Season: 74/247, .300/.365/.425/.790, 7 HR, 10 2B, 27 BB, 33 K, 1/3 SB, 11 E
  15. MONDAY: Culiacan loses 4-1, box, Mazatlan leads best-of-seven series 2-1: 3B C. McGehee 0/4 Playoffs: 9/34, .265/.375/.382/.757, 4 2B, 7 K, 6 BB, 2 E Regular Season: 74/247, .300/.365/.425/.790, 7 HR, 10 2B, 27 BB, 33 K, 1/3 SB, 11 E
  16. What kc said...sample size..
  17. Umm, Ronny has got it going on in the power department. Tigres win 5-1, box: SS R. Cedeño 2/3, R, HR (4), 3B (2), IBB (5) Leones beat the Navegantes 8-2, box: C H. Blanco 0/3, BB (3) SS T. Pérez 0/3, K (5) Overall (Playoffs): Ronny Cedeño (Tigres): 14/44, .318/.373/.750/1.123, 5 BB, 9 K, 4 HR, 2 3B, 3 2B, 1/1 SB, 0 E Henry Blanco (Leones): 16/45, .356/.420/.489/.909, 2 HBP, 3 BB, 7 K, 1 HR, 3 2B Tomás Pérez (Navegantes): 10/42, .238/.292/.286/.578, 4 BB, 5 K, 2B, 0/1 SB, 1 E
  18. Wow, triple overtime.
  19. After being shut down in the AFL with elbow soreness...obviously out for the season. He's still going to the big league spring training camp (will only rehab) - he was invited as part of his deal after being taken off the 40-man.
  20. You're a good man (I'd recommend hating their basketball team too).
  21. I expect Danieal Manning to make major progress next season. While I wouldn't be opposed to taking a safety, I'd consider looking at the free agent market there first rather than bringing in another rookie. If Mike Brown isn't coming back we will need to add a safety. I know Samuel from New England is a free agent. Could Manning Jr make a good safety? If one of our corners could make the switch we could try to bring in a #1 CB like Nate Clements. Or we could always try to pick up a safety in a trade for Thomas Jones or Wale. However priority number 1 is locking up Briggs and T. Harris and trying to reach a reasonable deal with Vasher. I would also like to see them draft at least one of the top offensive linemen in this draft. I think Mike Brown will be back on a paycut.
  22. I expect Danieal Manning to make major progress next season. While I wouldn't be opposed to taking a safety, I'd consider looking at the free agent market there first rather than bringing in another rookie.
×
×
  • Create New...