Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Looks like rain and wind might be an issue.
  2. I'm surprised at how many people see him as an elite prosepect, as he currently has no secondary pitches. Plus, there's no telling how him arm will react to a full season's worth of pitching. And although he can touch 98, he currently sits at 91-92 most of the time. It will be interesting to see how he does this year, because it seems like the Cubs are going to rush him Where did you get the 91-92 from? I heard 92-94 when his arm was all the way back in Peoria and apparently Manuel seems to think he was 95-97 (see bolded). In terms of the lack of secondary pitches, I think most feel confident that they will come along given how quickly he picked up as much as he did on his changeup and slider while at Boise/Peoria. He's certainly regarded highly because of how projectable he is.
  3. Sorry to society? What? Did Tank kill someone or something? How did the charges against him adversely affect society? Tankful of Excuses You saw it coming...what a hypocritical hack. ETA: I thought the judge who let him come here was a Packer fan, not a "judge in Bears clothing."
  4. I know it hasn't worked well most all game, but you have to at least sprinkle in the runs a bit more to help the passing attack. I mean, it wasn't like the Patriots were down 2 scores + and had to abandon the run completely. Even if you're not going to get more than 2 YPC, I think they should have done it more.
  5. It might rain. Yep. Isolated T-Storms. From what I've heard from people in FL, weather forecasts down there aren't very reliable till like Saturday, and the most likely result is that it would rain a bit in the afternoon, but would be completely dry during the game, as it doesn't rain during this season in the evening very much at all. Isolated t-storms is the way for the weather forecaster to cover their butt - there's a chance that it might rain most afternoons in Southern Florida.
  6. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070131/capt.ddd249f97d214a6d960eeae749e69fc5.football_bet_dcsw107.jpg
  7. Oregon at Pauley tomorrow = must-win for the Bruins. :|
  8. I'll be at tonight's game. 8-) My first Bulls game post-MJ. :)
  9. True-but it wasn't long into the second half before the Patriots weren't trying to keep Manning off the field anymore, but were trying desperately to score points to somehow stay ahead of a Colts offense that was absolutely rolling. I think the Bears running game will do the best any team has done in the playoffs against the Colts-a big key to their effectiveness could be though if Grossman can step up early and make some huge throws to loosen the defense up. I can see the Colts trying to play this game like the Chiefs game in the 1st quarter, and it will be interesting to see if the Bears can respond quickly to that or not. True enough, but even when the Colts closed the gap, the Patriots should be involving the run game in the offense. This is the same thing the Saints did (whether it was because McAllister was hurt or whatever), just passing is going to get you in trouble (especially when you have the Colts' pass rush).
  10. I see a few more times - especially with the lead in the second half - where I AND Turner would have run more. I was still on a high from the Bears winning and wasn't paying much attention to this game till the last few drives, but the Patriots need to be running much more in the second half with a lead - especially because it keeps Peyton Manning off the field.
  11. Yeah, it sucks. Now it's supposed to be up next Monday.
  12. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Navinda/AYANBADEJO800.jpg
  13. Brendon deserves every one of those 10 cameras and probably many more.
  14. Hey guys, Kyle Orton does have friends: http://espn.go.com/photo/2007/0130/media_day15.jpg
  15. Missed this one, Jon: http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070130/capt.mds11601301632.super_bowl_football_mds116.jpg
  16. Eww (the flag): http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070130/capt.mds21701301651c.correction_super_bowl_football_mds217.jpg http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070130/capt.mds32501301642.super_bowl_football_mds325.jpg :(
  17. My mom, who is a pretty avid Bears fan, has to work on Sunday (as do a few of her fellow Bear-fan co-workers [lot of NU grads at her office]). That sucks. That stinks Raisin. I remember working during the Syracuse vs Indiana Championship game. Luckily, I got to see the last 2 minutes live. :( I had to miss the UCLA-Florida NCAA championship last April because of work...sadly I didn't miss much.
  18. The Bears won't lowball Lovie.
  19. My mom, who is a pretty avid Bears fan, has to work on Sunday (as do a few of her fellow Bear-fan co-workers [lot of NU grads at her office]). That sucks.
  20. Tigres beat the Navegantes 11-10, thanks to 8 runs in the bottom of the 9th, link: C H. Blanco 1/4 K (4) 1B T. Pérez 1/4, K (3), 2B (1) SS R. Cedeño 4/7, R, RBI, 2 K (8) Overall (Finals): Henry Blanco (Navegantes): 4/16, .250/.294/.313/.607, 1 2B, 1 BB, 4 K Tomás Pérez (Navegantes): 2/13, .154/.154/.231/.385, 1 2B, 3 K Ronny Cedeño (Tigres): 5/23, .217/.308/.261/.569, 1 2B, 3 BB, 8 K
  21. yeah, if you call that one intentional, then every foul in that situation inside of 1:30 should be called intentional. The Stanford player was clearly past the UCLA player and he reached out for the jersey and made no attempt for the ball. That's an intentional foul. And either way, when you blow a 17 point lead, you don't really deserve to win the game. He just missed the ball by about the foot. He only made contact with the arm and then the jersey after going for the ball. It was a pretty bad call. There were certainly some head scratchers. Aside from the kick called against UCLA that only hit a Stanford player's butt, the biggest head scratcher was definitely the double foul against Mbah a Moute. You don't see that too often. I didn't see the double foul so I can't comment either way on that one. No one saw it Still haven't heard an explanation for it.
  22. An intentional foul? BS. That ranks up there with the magical Luc Richard gets two fouls called on him during a timeout earlier in the game. Screw these refs.
  23. Awful choke job and the added bonus of awful reffing.
×
×
  • Create New...