Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. USC-UCLA also on Wednesday. And, you know, USC is probably better than Duke.
  2. No Rich Hill? Is that because they think he'll have left for another team, or that he won't stay in the majors? In the chat, Callis admitted that that was a mistake.
  3. Warning: do not hold me to this. Wale signed a 6 year contact with a $15M bonus. He's played 3 years so half of the bonus would be a cap hit. Roughly $7.5M. I think if they cut him after June 1st it would count towards 2008. Either way its a huge hit. He is going to get $3.9M in salary next year (not a cap hit). So its better to pay him than cut him (roughly $2.5M bonus + $3.9 salary= $6.4 cap). Wow, much better to keep him.
  4. Or 24. :roll:
  5. That's how we roll.
  6. Disagree, the only players without blame are Hester and Gould, imo. The defense gets off a bit for being on the field for 40 minutes, but the lines were awful, the coaching was awful, Benson and Reed had crucial turnovers, Grossman wasn't that great, Chris Harris blew the coverage on the Colts' first TD and the defense missed tackles all over the map.
  7. I hope that with improved and consistant mechanics, Pawelek's velocity returns consistantly to the 90s (and injury risk diminshes). Looks like that was the major reason BA stated for the lowering of his ceiling.
  8. I heard conflicting reports about his velo - I think a lot of that had to do with his sporadic mechanics. He needs to stay consistant with them to keep his velocity up. I think it will help that Boise pitching coach is going to be at Peoria this coming season. Callis didn't answer my Petrick question in the chat. :(
  9. What are the cap ramifications of cutting Wale? What could you attract if you traded him? The one thing in letting him go (and letting him go makes a lot of sense - he's paid a lot and his production has dipped) is that it depletes the depth at DE.
  10. He was very very bad last night. That's just simply not true. He played well enough to win if the rest of the team wasn't so intent on turning the ball over and if the defense did anything. The defense was ho-hum, Benson didn't show up. No, Rex didn't have a good game, I'd call it below average. But he wasn't very very bad. I know people will push that as the official story, but it's just not the case. Benson didn't show up? He got hurt on his second carry.
  11. SUNDAY: DR beat Puerto Rico 12-0, box: Venezuela beat Mexico 13-3, box: SS R. Cedeño 1/5, R, K (3) Overall: 5/15, 1 2B, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 SB, 1 E
  12. Might as well create it since that's what the Super Bowl thread has become and I hate that thread already. What do you want to see the Bears do, whether it's in free agency or the draft? - Gotta re-attain Briggs unless it will hurt the Bears in re-signing Tommie Harris down the road. Also re-sign Ian Scott. - Figure out the TJ/Benson situation. How bad is Cedric's injury? - Figure out what to do with the safety position/Mike Brown (re-structure Brown and add another safety to the competition, preferably...hopefully D. Manning can progress to adequate) - I'd also look into moving Wale. - Address OL, S, LB if Briggs is gone, RB if TJ is gone in the draft and free agency. Rex is at the age and experience where QBs normally show what they will be at their prime. He's had a full season of experience - he needs to progress next season to show he can be a starter in his prime - limit his mistakes and the damage in his bad games, etc.
  13. I hope not. There are holes at other places and those two QBs have warts that will take too long to fix, hopefully Grossman improves but I'd definitely give him next year to progress.
  14. Yup, best to judge a quarterback after his first full season of play. Unfortunately, many of Rex's flaws are not ones that are easily corrected, IMO. He has little poise under pressure, throws off his back foot too much, has poor pocket awareness, and seems to have an obstinate attitude regarding his flaws. Personally, I have always been very patient when it comes to developing players, like Corey Patterson, for example. But I see little in Rex Grossman that inspires confidence that he will develop into anything other than a league average QB, at best. And given his set of flaws, I think that would take 2-3 years to achieve. The Bears' overall talent level puts them in a position to win again next year, and perhaps the next, but the window will not be open forever. If I am Angelo, I move to add some stability to the offense. He's a free agent after next season, I don't see the need to do anything now to replace him.
  15. I always thought a player had three option years. Was that a change in the new CBA? A draftee gets four option years if he's signs a major league contract. Otherwise, it's still three option years.
  16. Yup, best to judge a quarterback after his first full season of play. I put a question mark after Grossman's name. Whoops, my bad. Grossman has certainly done more good than those other QBs though.
  17. Yup, best to judge a quarterback after his first full season of play.
  18. You'd think the Bears just lost the Super Bowl or something. The uncalled for sarcasm aside, being a fan doesn't give you the right to flat out make ridiculous excuses and badmouth the other team. The AFC has been dominant all season and I don't know why many of you are so surprised. Nothing happened in this game that hasn't happened all year long, for either team. Edit: What is your deal anyway TT? I can count on one hand the seconds it takes you to reply with condescension to whatever it is I may post. Is this all about sabrmetrics? *hug* It happens when your team has just lost the championship - a game they certainly could have won.
  19. Just wondering, the only place I've heard about it is here, why all the sudden talk of Lovie leaving? I know he wants a new contract, but he's still got a year left, right? There were rumors the Cowboys were interested. He does have one year left.
  20. I was 3 at the Super Bowl, so I'm not as lucky as you. At least I'll always have MJ and the Bulls...hopefully I'll see another team I root for win. But now that I've seen 3 of my teams come close and lose, I guess it's not going to be too likely. I was only 9, but my dad purchased a tape of the highlights of that year and I appreciate them more now than I did back then. I was 8-10 and 13-15 during the repeat three peats, thank goodness for the DVDs and videos because I really didn't appreciate the first three as much as I should have.
×
×
  • Create New...