Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. so they now have, what, 6 running backs? ludicrous. at least 2 of those guys will transfer in the next 2 years 2007: Joe McKnight Broderick Green Marc Tyler 2006: Stafon Johnson CJ Gable (they expected him to play defense, now he's starting at RB) Stanley Havili (now at FB) Emmanuel Moody Allen Bradford (recruited as a safety, starting at FB) 2003: Chauncey Washington (same class as Reggie Bush and LenDale White, now a senior) Apparently Pom Pom believes RBs are some of the best athletes and he can plug them at other holes when they don't make it at RB. I'm sure those that don't make it will end up transferring.
  2. It seemed to me they wanted to keep the Colts in front of them and the missed tackles screwed up that strategy. Even without the missed tackles, that strategy hurt - Peyton took the stuff underneath all day and the defense was on the field way too long.
  3. TUESDAY: The DR beats Mexico 5-3, clinches the title, box. Venezuela beats Puerto Rico 3-1, box: SS R. Cedeño 3/4, K (5), CS (1) Overall: 9/21, .429/.478/.476/.954, 1 2B, 2 BB, 5 K, 1/2 SB, 1 E
  4. The blitzes weren't working, they were so predictable. Here comes Briggs up the middle and he gets sucked up by the blockers. Every time. This wasn't like the Seahawks and Saints game where they almost sacked the QB multiple times, getting some hurries and knockdowns. If they were going to blitz, they had to be more creative - something I haven't seen Lovie/Chico do. Of course, not blitzing doesn't mean drop the LBs 20 yards behind the LOS.
  5. Longoria had a much better season than most expected, I would think Miller was rated higher but he fell for a reason.
  6. Great news. YES!
  7. I love David Carr. I think he's a great talent. I'd love him on the Bears, but I would never in a million years pay him that salary and trade the talent it would take to get him. Seems like a 3rd or 4th rounder might be all it takes, which isn't that steep (though JA's 3rd rounders are gold). Trade a 3rd rounder for Carr, then ship off Rex or Griese for a late draft pick to make up for it. Rex would probably be easier to ship off, with Griese's contract lasting 4 more years and Grossman's just one. Plus, we'd have to open up #8 for Carr ;) I'd take Boller over Carr for a 3rd rounder IMO. Why?
  8. I'll have mine done well before the 14th and I sent out the check today, stitch.
  9. I love David Carr. I think he's a great talent. I'd love him on the Bears, but I would never in a million years pay him that salary and trade the talent it would take to get him. Seems like a 3rd or 4th rounder might be all it takes, which isn't that steep (though JA's 3rd rounders are gold).
  10. The Bus finally got a ring, that's the last Super Bowl I remember. All of that has been blocked from my memory. I don't see why you'd have to block anything from memory, that makes it all the sweeter.
  11. I do what I can. Oh, and sorry for nearly killing Benson. Tait and the ground was what hurt Benson.
  12. What Super Bowl are you guys talking about? I heard nothing about the game.
  13. Taylor and Atkins get a better offspeed pitch and there you go.
  14. No he's not, you might want to check out dew's posts on the matter. He plays with inferior talent and an awful offensive line and still puts up decent stats (especially comp %). I don't see why Grossman would panic with Carr around - he'd be no different than all the Griese talk last season. This is likely a sink or swim season for Rex anyways - he's a free agent after this year and if he doesn't make the progress that a normal QB does after the number of starts he's gotten (Rex is about where the light switch normally either goes on or doesn't for most young QBs) I don't see the Bears bringing him back.
  15. I'd gladly take Carr, kick out Griese, and let Grossman and Carr compete for the starting spot.
  16. Kelly is a double threat for the show. She isn't the only one though, BJ Novak is also a writer as are a few others on the cast.
  17. This comment pretty much sums up the status of the Cubs farm system. If Callis thinks that the best prospect is a future reliever, then there are not much impact players down on the farm. Callis thinks the Cubs top 2 prospects are Pie and Veal - the Cubs themseles believe it's Samardzija. They obviously don't think so highly of Samardzija if they don't think he'll remain a starter. I see quite a few potential impact players at the lower levels of the Cubs system (Peoria, Boise, Mesa, Dominican).
  18. True, but the subtle things the minor characters to is great.
  19. I can't decide...is it Kelly cuz I have Indian pride? Or Pam or Karen?
  20. We also have limited scholies and have done well with them (though we could have done better). The best commit is 5-star DT Brian Price who spruned USC. Petey has been trying to get him ever since Price verballed to UCLA and finally secured an in-home visit last month. At the visit, Price's mom brought out a cake that said "13-9!" (The final score of the USC-UCLA game last December.) :)
  21. Well, my chat question was about Petrick's health and it went unanswered. One possibility was that the Cubs just weren't forthcoming about health questions for the guys eligible for the Rule 5 (Campusano, Petrick) to try to keep them. Callis also said Petrick would start at high-A Daytona, so another mention of no health issues there. I could easily see option 1 - or a slight injury that isn't serious but because he's coming off major surgery, the Cubs just completely shut him down. If I remember right about Billy's 3 Daytona starts, a couple of them were affected by the big inning (one of which I remember was the 6th inning after 5 shutout innings with limited hits) so hopefully that's a positive thing to look at in his disappointing stint at high-A.
  22. Got my Prospect Handbook today so I thought I'd toss a few things out about the guys in 11-30. - Mark Reed has made major strides defensively. - Billy Petrick's heavy sinker was back after the labrum surgery at around 92 mph. - Mark Holliman was down around 88-91 mph all season. - Larry Suarez has been compared to Z because of his size and nationality. At age 16 (now 17), he's already 6'5" 240 lbs and conditioning is a concern. Had a minor back strain at instructs. - Rocky Roquet has a plus FB (91-97) and a plus slider. Callis also said in the chat that the Cubs believe Samardzija is their top prospect.
  23. Puerto Rico beat Mexico 4-2. The Dominican Republic, behind Crazy Julian, beat Venezuela 7-1: SS R. Cedeño 1/2, BB (2), K (4) Overall: 6/17, .353/.421/.412/.833, 1 2B, 2 BB, 4 K, 1 SB, 1 E http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2007/02/05/xHES2dQH.jpg
×
×
  • Create New...