Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Josh Beckett: 38.8 FPTS :)
  2. From what I've heard, it's pretty likely he goes in the 20s. And the answer to your question, yes. Think Raja Bell (except Arron's not an meanie).
  3. Yeah, the poster formerly known as goony took him.
  4. I guess raw knows how to push Felix's buttons like I know how to push Dolis' buttons.
  5. Rain delay in Burlington in the middle of the 8th inning. Peoria got 2 more in the top of the 8th and lead it 8-3. Russ Canzler is 3/3 with a double and a triple, Wellington Castillo is 2 for 4 with a solo HR and, as mentioned, Josh Lansford has a 2-run HR. Maestri has thrown 2 shutout innings with a K.
  6. Works for me if everybody else is all for it. I'd say 24 hours. I think 12 hours is better - but don't count 12 am - 8 am CT during that time limit.
  7. My personal opinion is just let it keep going until we either lose interest, get to the end of the draft, or the real draft starts. Might as well continue I figure. Yeah, this makes the most sense. I definitely can go all 7 rounds.
  8. Woo, Maestri makes his A-ball debut and has a quiet sixth inning. Peoria is up 6-3 at the 7th inning stretch.
  9. Just like Dolis, 8 K for Ceda in 5 innings. But he gave up some earned runs, unlike Rafael. 5 IP, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 H, 8 K, 2 BB, 1 HR. 6-3 Peoria after 5.
  10. The only problem is it's not lake effect. There's a system moving into Chicago from the west. I don't think there are any big lakes to the west of Chicago. :wink: Ok, I could be completely wrong but I think the lake could still cause a change in the forecast. It seems to happen here a lot; predicted bad weather that either never shows up or is far less than expected. I think I'll go with the professional meteorologists' opinion (plus the many weather nerds) on this. I really can't see them getting this game in unless they want to play in piss poor conditions. And the lake has no bearing on whether this storm will hit or not.
  11. He didn't crack BA's Top 30 Prospect List...though I think he should have (and I had him in my top 30 list). 19 years old, 6'3, mid-90s FB, can rack up the Ks...converted position player. I think he's going to get a lot of publicity now that he's in low-A and crack BA's top 20-30 by next season.
  12. Albuquerque, Castillo, Ceda, Dolis, Maestri, Pawelek and Roquet!
  13. Iowa down 2-1 after 3. Mathes: 3 IP, 2 ER, 5 H, 2 K, 1 BB. Felix Pie is 1 for 2 with a double and a K. Peoria up 6-3 after 4 - Ceda: 4 IP, 3 R, 2 ER, 3 H, 7 K, 2 BB, 1 HR.
  14. Yeah, figured he'd announce that this afternoon after his meeting with Ben Howland. He damn well better be a first rounder, he deserves it.
  15. It's not hate. He's got the best track record, best stuff and is the best pitcher on the team. Doesn't mean he will be the best pitcher this season.
  16. Iowa @ Albuquerque: Machado 2B Rojas, C SS Pie, F CF Soto C Hoffpauir 1B McGehee, C 3B Moore LF Coats RF Mathes P Weather: 54 degrees, clear.
  17. I agree. I think Rich is going to have a better year than Carlos. Yeah, I definitely don't think Carlos will be the Cubs best pitcher this season.
  18. Game-time temperature: 35°F Feels like: 25°F Winds from 1B to 3B at about 15-20 mph. 90% chance of precipitation, mostly rain (though some mixing with snow - especially before the game). Let's see if they actually get this one in. These radar images will update on their own: http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_ord_ultraradar_plus_usen.jpg http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_ord_metroradar_plus_usen.jpg
  19. Peoria @ Burlington: Camp 2B Heredia CF Lansford 3B Canzler 1B Joseph LF Carter DH Lopez RF Castillo, W C Mota SS Ceda P Weather: 54 degrees, cloudy.
  20. And Arron and Darren. :)
  21. Won't be the first time this season, that's for sure. http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_tpa_closeradar_plus_usen.jpg
  22. I'll take that from Marquis. Especially when Izturis is playing for the other team.
×
×
  • Create New...