I'm really disappointed the umpire didn't take the tongue lashing he deserved for making a huge mistake in a pivotal game this season. And compounding it with the embarrassing ejection of Contreras.
The Cubs weren't linked to any of these 10 IFAs to watch for next year: http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/10-international-prospects-to-watch-for-2018/?amphtml=1 There are a few 2017 guys who haven't signed yet who might still be on the market in 2018.
Should say for the Cubs. Godley was drafted in '13 Sorry, that's what I meant. Paul Blackburn has also made quite a few starts for Oakland this year too.
He clearly didn't look like a big time prospect yet at 16. I mean, Starlin Castro only got $45k. In fact, the Royals nearly signed Acuña for less: [tweet]
[/tweet]
Hey, NBD, let's have a rookie with middling stuff make his big league debut when the team might be nursing a 1 game lead during a September playoff push.