Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,645
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. You're kidding, right?
  2. Wilkerson > Dunn
  3. Later today? Guess I'll post match-ups after school... I think he'll start the thread when he gets back from school and goes online. I sent him a PM and I'm sure Serena did too. We're flooding his PM box. :P
  4. What would Kent think? I think he's mad jealous.
  5. Correct. But I'd guess Dusty's the worst when considering finances too.
  6. The faster this guy is out while Prior, Wood, Zambrano, Ramirez and Patterson are still in their prime, the better.
  7. There is no need to sticky this thread. It will be bumped every single day the Cubs play this season. Sigh.
  8. Not pinch hitting for Dempster in the 4th and the Cubs threatening. First pinch hitter: Jose Macias Second pinch hitter: Neifi Perez Since Jerry Hairston, Jr. is half white and Jason Dubois is white, I guess we have to pray for the coldest summer in Chicago history to have them get some PT.
  9. He's not a rookie anymore. either way he's not a crafty crazy vet like Dempster. (who keeps the whole clubhouse loose) Dang, even Mitre's facial hair can't keep the clubhouse loose?
  10. Hinrich made a three, the Bulls lead it 95-93 and have posession with 1:20 to go. Tyson now has 19 boards. Antonio Davis also has a double-double with 12 boards.
  11. Bulls down 1, 93-92 in Orlando. 2:51 to go, Bulls ball. Six Bulls in double digit scoring and Chandler has 15 pts and 18 rebs.
  12. He's not a rookie anymore.
  13. Give one example. Nothing like replying 4 pages later. Sorry for my slowness... I can think of 2 teams off the top of my head, 1985 & 1999. Also 2001 has a point as well. All 3 teams finished behind the last 2 years. Don't misunderstand me, I believe that these past 2 years and this year's team is incredibly talented and probably would beat those other teams, but you can't discount the fact that Dusty has made these teams successful. Just because you are talented doesn't mean that you will win just by showing up or in spite of yourself. Look at the late 60's team. They were loaded but fell flat. I guess it takes more for me to lose faith in a leader then a bad PH decision. Compare the talent (and the injuries suffered) on the '85 and '99 squads and compare them to 2003-2005. Injuries or not, the recent Cubs are the most talented Cubs team post-Hiroshima. These teams are more talented than the '69 team. And yet these recent Cubs teams can at best only muster one win more than a team with Sosa, Lieber, Wood, Farnsworth and nothing more (2001)? Last year's team winning only 89 games was an utter dissapointment. I think the whole righty-lefty thing is way overblown. I don't want to see Remlinger used as a LOOGY; I want to see him used as an effective reliever. I have no problem at all with him pitching the full inning. In fact, I thought it was a good move. Remlinger looked *very* good. Though 2 of the 3 batters Remmy faced that inning were lefties. Yes, I have been for weeks now. :evil:
  14. I don't believe that was Transmission's point. I think it was summed up when he quoted Lloyd McClendon: "I like having a left-handed hitter, but having a left-handed hitter just for the sake of having a left-handed hitter doesn’t mean a damned thing if he can’t hit." There's no excuse for Jerry Hariston, Jr. not PH.
  15. Yes, our pitchers are better options with the bat then Neifury and Macias. Shoulda used Bartosh last night. :P
  16. Starts down the stretch and hopefully in the playoffs.
  17. I'm pretty sure Serena PM's the people who are upcoming when it gets close to their turn, although there may be a different procedure this year. Correct. And I will if Serena hasn't.
  18. I got mine from the cubs.com homepage.
  19. He's my pick to have the best pitching year from the Cards (as long as he can stay healthy). over mark mulder? Yup. Carpenter was better than Mulder last season.
  20. I was wondering the same thing, were you not around last season? Or the season before that? The reason im pissed is because i was hoping things.had.changed. Yeah. This was just the last straw for me.
  21. Maybe he will get the thread going in the AM when he gets up. I say wait til then and if he doesn't have it going by 8ish, bump him back. It's very possible he was in bed before the game was even over...and the rules say not to start the new thread til the game is over. So, he may have had no chance. It's not his fault. The rules also say to get it up the night before the next game. Roast will understand if we need to get it up. It would be a sport start, so Roast gets the next one, win or lose. Correct. Whether or not the Cubs win tomorrow, Roast gets the next start. I understand that (and don't know why I'm really concerned as I am not starting any threads for games) but, at this point, I don't really see a *lot* of pre-game discussions occuring. I think, if he can get it up before he's off to school, that from that time until game time there, is plenty of time for pre-game discussions. But, I have no influence whatsoever in this matter so I'm sure Raisin will start the thread since he wants to. Well, today there were 4 pages of pre-game banter before today's game. I sent Roast a PM at around 11:15 PDT just in case. I'm sure Roast will understand.
  22. Maybe he will get the thread going in the AM when he gets up. I say wait til then and if he doesn't have it going by 8ish, bump him back. It's very possible he was in bed before the game was even over...and the rules say not to start the new thread til the game is over. So, he may have had no chance. It's not his fault. The rules also say to get it up the night before the next game. Roast will understand if we need to get it up. It would be a sport start, so Roast gets the next one, win or lose. Correct. Whether or not the Cubs win tomorrow, Roast gets the next start.
  23. He's my pick to have the best pitching year from the Cards (as long as he can stay healthy).
×
×
  • Create New...