Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Iowa: LHP Rich Hill (0-0, 1.50 ERA, 6 IP, 6/0) @. LHP Philip Barzilla (0-1, 8.31 ERA, 4.1 IP) West Tenn: RHP Juan Mateo (0-0, 3.60 ERA, 5 IP, 4/0) @ RHP Micah Owings (0-0, 7.20 ERA, 5 IP) Daytona: RHP Grant Johnson (0-1, 6.35 ERA, 5.2 IP, 4/4) vs. RHP Mitchell Boggs (0-1, 33.75 ERA, 1.1 IP) Peoria: RHP Mitch Atkins (0-0, 3.60 ERA, 5 IP, 5/2) vs. LHP Jaime Garcia (0-1, 3.86 ERA, 7 IP)
  2. Bringing Guthrie in so he could face Lowell instead of Lenny Harris. :evil:
  3. I think they're trying to make up for it by playing in the rain and hoping Barry tears his knee up again.
  4. You'll have to earn the spot, little man. I'm an OPS machine and a master with the glove! I bet I'm better with the glove!!
  5. I picked Perez in the 2nd round last year. I still finished 3rd. That's how good (read: lucky outside of Perez)) I am. i dont get my dish untill monday, yet another game i miss :( at least i have XM and you get XM on directv too! did you know that? So can you listen to Cubs games on DirecTV's XM feature even if you're not an XM subscriber?
  6. Keep Isringhausen closing, don't have Wainwright move there, Tony.
  7. At game time, it will be 68°F with a 30% chance of a thunderstorm. The wind will be blowing out to LF at 15 mph. http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_pit_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg
  8. So, 103 pitches and no walks for Guzman. Not too bad, despite the 4 ER. This could be a case of a good pitcher just getting hit a little bit or it could be a case of being wild in the zone. I remember Guzman had trouble at AA a while back with this kind of thing. He had a lot of strikeouts and very few, if any, walks, but his ERA was around 4. His stuff was good enough to make hitters miss, but he wasn't able to control his pitches on the edges of the plate and was leaving balls up in the hitting zone. That won't cut it in the bigs. He was wild, especially with his offspeed pitces, which were very inconsistent. He had eight 3-ball counts.
  9. Iowa loses 6-4, they stranded 14 baserunners.
  10. Yup, definitely agree. Guzman still sounded rusty and had some problems with the control - especially his breaking pitches - despite not walking anyone. Hill starts tomorrow, Ryu Sunday.
  11. Theriot grounds out to end the top of the 7th inning. Iowa down 6-4.
  12. is he continuing to hit? Last I saw he was off to a good start. He's at .333/.390/.611/1.001. He was at .258/.314/.484/.798 going into the game. Pie takes ball 1 outside. Pie swings and misses, strike 1. Pie swings and misses at a pitch at the letters, strike 2. Pie takes a curve outside for ball 2. Pie fouls the pitch off to the left side, the count remains 2-2. Pie chops one foul down the first base line, the count remains 2-2. Pie grounds one foul down the first base line, the count remains 2-2. Pie lines a single to first base. The first baseman deflected the ball, gathered it and tried to throw out Felix at first (pitcher covering), but Felix beat it out. Felix is now 1 for 4. Bases juiced for Ryan Theriot.
  13. Soto with a basehit to RF. Deardoff scores, Coats to second. Iowa now down 6-4. Brandon Sing now pinch hitting for Brownlie. Sing takes strike one looking. Sing swings and misses, strike 2. Sing swings and misses on a pitch high and inside, striking out. Felix Pie now up with 2 on and 2 out. Pitching change!
  14. Iowa now has the bases loaded and none out in the top of the 7th. Buck Coats is up to bat. Coats grounds into a FC, 6-4. Restovich scores to make it 6-3.
  15. Well, Gordon was impressive.
  16. Aaaaaaaaaand Brownlie walks in a run. 6-2 Round Rock.
  17. Despite not giving up a walk, Guzman had 8 three-ball counts. He was inconsistent with his breaking ball, he's still is rusty. Brownlie is struggling. The bases are now loaded.
  18. Guzman's 6th: Gordon with a leadoff double. On a full count, Scott strikes out looking. On a 3-1 count, Huffman singles. Gordon scores. Guzman is done: 5.1 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 8/0, 103 pitches. Bobbie Brownlie is now coming in. Round Rock leads it 5-2.
  19. With 1 out, Geovany Soto singles and Gooz follows with a sac bunt. Pie is now up: Pie takes ball 1. Pie takes ball 2 low and inside. Pie takes ball 3 high and outside. Pie takes strike 1 on the outside corner. Pie takes ball 4 inside, bases on balls. Runners at first and second for Ryan Theriot. Felix is now 0 for 3 with a walk. Theriot then walks to load the bases. Fontenot then strikes out looking. :(
  20. You should use your best relievers in your most critical situations. Using Williamson as he was used today was well done by Baker, in my opinion. The question is, was it intentional? I don't think Dusty views Williamson as being ahead of Howry.
  21. Guzman's 5th: On a 2-2 count, Conrad grounds out, 6-3. One out. On an 0-1 count, Giminez lines a single to RF. On a full count, Joe McEwing singles to shortstop. On a full count, Garcia strikes out swinging on a 92 mph FB. Two outs. On a 1-2 count, Alan Zinter hits a pinch-hit 3-run HR. 4-2 Round Rock leads it. Jimerson strikes out on 3 pitches. Guzman: 5 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 7/0, 86 pitches West Tenn now leads 6-2 in the bottom of the 9th. Montanez and EPatt are 3 for 4 (and Luis got 2 XBHs!). Daytona now down 4-2 after 7. Weber has given up 2 ER in 3 innings of relief. Peoria up 3-1 in the middle of the 7th. Layden with 2 perfect innings in relief.
  22. He does have four full counts so far.
  23. Over Gooz?? Yeah, Aardsma would be a reliever. I want Gooz starting, not relieving. I mean if you send Weurtz down, who would you rather have called up first. I knew he was a reliever. I don't want Gooz relieving in the big leagues. If Wuertz goes down, I am assuming the Cubs will want a reliever, so I'd promote Aardsma. If the Cubs send Rusch to the pen (ha!), then I'd promote Gooz or Hill to the rotation (I'd go with Hill first, since I think Gooz needs some more innings to build up arm strength and shake off some rust).
×
×
  • Create New...