Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. I don't think this is unexpected. Many people thought he wouldn't see Peoria this year, or at least until late in the season. Why is that? I cant see how not pitching against meaningful competition can help him in any way. I thought high drafted highschool picks always pretty much went straight to Boise or Peoria. What types of things is he doing in Arizona? When does Boise's season start? Thats the short season rookie ball team correct? Boise doesn't start til later in the year. The thinking was with Pawelek's age it's best to bring him along slowly. Even more so if they are going to be modifying his mechanics, which they may be wanting to do IIRC(Someone else feel free to correct me). Yeah, he had mechanical flaws that needed to be corrected when he was drafted. I am disappointed that he hasn't surfaced in Peoria yet, but it's not even May yet. He was pitching in Mesa, so if he got hurt - it would have been after ST.
  2. Probable Starters: Iowa (game 1): LHP Les Walrond (2-1, 2.57 ERA, 21 IP, 16/10) vs. LHP Randy Leek (2-1, 4.05 ERA, 26.2 IP) Iowa (game 2): RHP Bobby Brownlie (0-3, 9.82 ERA, 11 IP, 14/5) vs. RHP Alan Benes (0-1, 7.36 ERA, 7.1 IP) West Tenn: RHP Juan Mateo (0-2, 3.15 ERA, 20 IP, 14/6) vs. RHP Joel Hanrahan (2-1, 2.82 ERA, 22.1 IP) Daytona: RHP Mark Holliman (1-0, 3.26 ERA, 19.1 IP, 23/10) @ RHP Jim Brauer (0-1, 5.60 ERA, 17.2 IP) Peoria: RHP Scott Taylor: (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 4.2 IP, 4/0) vs. RHP Wade Davis (2-0, 0.44 ERA, 20.2 IP) I think MiLB.com is wrong for game 2 of the Iowa DH. Peoria and SW Michigan will play one today and two tomorrow.
  3. Now JA is just making a fool of himself.
  4. When I left Jackson, it certainly didn't look that way. According to the map, the first big wave of storms has made its way through Jackson. However, I see that another patch of storms is getting close to Tennessee. Judging by the map, they'll definitely try and should be able to get at least half the game in with no worries.
  5. Marshall would have been 5 times a better pick. But still, can we address the 29th best offense in the NFL at some point?
  6. 7.2 combined poor innings this year, 120 combined good innings last year. Meanwhile, guys like Lightenberg have done what what Wuertz and Aardsma have done this year - done well at AAA - but what's to say Kerry's going to suddenly have a big league resurgence? If he doesn't, we haven't lost anything. Gotta take someone off the 40-man to bring him up. You're getting excited over Lightenberg's 2.2 shutout innings.
  7. DJAXX, are they going to get the game off in Jackson?
  8. Devin Hester!? MORE DBs IN THE THIRD ROUND, PLZ! :x
  9. Heh, even Tennessee, with Norm Chow at OC, passed on Leinart for Vince Young.
  10. He did great last year too, imo. POPE! POPE! POPE!
  11. That and not being used consistently.
  12. 7.2 combined poor innings this year, 120 combined good innings last year. Meanwhile, guys like Lightenberg have done what what Wuertz and Aardsma have done this year - done well at AAA - but what's to say Kerry's going to suddenly have a big league resurgence?
  13. Because he might have pitched worse then Rusch this year. Wait what am I talking about. But seriously, Ohman has looked pretty pathetic this year too. I say DFA Rusch, take the hit, send down Aardsma, and bring up Williams and Hill. But I think Ohman's limited PT has played into his struggles too.
  14. And a walk. How dare Corey try when his team is already winning? He didn't walk. Only has 1 walk on the season, apparently Oh, I was looking at the wrong day's box score. My bad. SLG at an even .500 in the middle of today's game.
  15. Hope they're paying attention to choir boy Elijiah Dukes too.
  16. Of course not! They do it every year, I don't really understand it. I've gotten used to it. By the way, I'd much rather have seen the Bears pick 4 with this draft class than the Benson draft class last season.
  17. Chocolate Milk, are you around? Is KFFL down for you too?
  18. If his outing today finally gets Rusch out of the rotation, it's been a good day for the Cubs.
  19. I don't doubt that Manning is a good prospect and I think Angelo has shown a good job picking these more obscure players, but I'm still pissed at the first round offensive talent this team has lost out on by trading down.
  20. Similar numbers, but Billingsley is 5 years younger and has much better stuff and more plus-pitches.
  21. Well done, Angelo. Well done. There had better be some nice talent in the 3rd round.
×
×
  • Create New...