Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Sorry, no pitching probables because I had to wake up early to go to jury duty in Downtown LA. From my memory, I believe it's: WT: LHP JR Mathes Daytona: RHP Grant Johnson Peoria: RHP Todd Blackford
  2. I think he has a chance to be solid, but not spectacular. His problem last year was that he racked up an obscene number of errors at 3B. He seems to have cut down on that this season, although it still is rather early. He also seems like he needs to work on his command of the strike zone since he's racked up 43 Ks on the season. Still, he's shown plenty of promise. He doesn't have the same ceiling as guys like Pie, Dopirak, or Harvey, but he definitely could be a good everyday guy at 3B if he improves and adjusts accordingly. The defense is still a concern, but his primary weakness is related to strike zone recognition/pitch selection.
  3. Are you moving to Redding or Davis? I'm closer if it's Davis, Quakers is probably closer if it's Redding.
  4. I wish the I-Cubs were in Sacramento over the weekend, not Fresno. I'd rather have seen them up there, especially since I have friends in the 916. Of course it's pointless now since I can't go up to Fresno this weekend either.
  5. I doubt you'll see Prior pitch because if he's at AAA, that'd mean it's more than likely his second rehab start (meaning he'd have to have one in the next few days) and also because the Cubs would prefer to have a home minor league game for the rehab assignment.
  6. Matt Craig ejected by an umpire who was quick to kick him out. He didn't like two straight borderline strike calls that got him struck out and said something.
  7. Eww, the Sacramento River Valley!
  8. Holliman is having one heck of a game so far: 7 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 10 K Daytona up 4-1.
  9. I wonder if we can return Pierre. TT hasn't commented yet on Nolasco going to the rotation? Wow.
  10. Renyel (stats) is replacing Jason Vargas and will be in the pen. Ricky Nolasco (stats) will replace the injured Sergio Mitre in the rotation - his first start will be on Wednesday.
  11. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP Les Walrond (4-1, 2.25 ERA, 40 IP, 27/18) vs. RHP Jered Weaver (3-1, 2.79 ERA) - 2004 12th overall pick West Tenn: RHP Randy Wells (2-1, 1.61 ERA, 22.1 IP, 18/4) @ LHP Mike Prochaska (1-0, 5.40 ERA) Daytona: RHP Mark Holliman (1-3, 3.93 ERA, 36.2 IP, 35/18) vs. RHP James Avery (2-0, 3.31 ERA) Peoria: RHP Scott Taylor: (1-1, 1.72 ERA, 15.2 IP, 9/1) vs. LHP Luke French (4-1, 3.15 ERA) Scott Taylor hasn't pitched in 10 days due to rain.
  12. Why would he need to play 2b? We've already got 6 people on the team who can do that. He can play 1b and the corner outfields which would be useful. SSR was sarcastic I assume Thanks nd. I'm not sure I've been anything but cynical, sarcastic, pessimistic, or obnoxious in any post the past 2 weeks. You mean you weren't like that in the past?
  13. In a chat, Chris Kline also had this to say about Marmol and Montanez:
  14. After firing Dusty, I'd fire Hendry and MacPhail.
  15. Any other thoughts on Atkins? And has Veal thrown anything outside of the FB and curve? How hard have both of these guys been throwing this year?
  16. You're property of the Cubs. :mamoru:
  17. Correct. Ron's been saying that on a few different broadcasts the last few weeks.
  18. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP Ryan O'Malley (1-2, 4.74 ERA, 19 IP, 18/1) vs. RHP Steven Shell (0-0, 2.00 ERA) West Tenn: RHP Juan Mateo (2-2, 2.35 ERA, 38.1 IP, 30/14) Daytona: RHP Sean Gallagher (2-0, 1.96 ERA, 41.1 IP, 43/9) Peoria: RHP Scott Taylor: (1-1, 1.72 ERA, 15.2 IP, 9/1) vs. RHP Eduardo Baeza (3-2, 3.24 ERA)
  19. Pawelek!
  20. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Navinda/untitled.jpg
  21. re-signs or resigns? I think Vance means resigns in this situation.
  22. Heh, 20's quickly becoming one of my fave numbers.
  23. I'd have to say they were fundamentally poor and had an awful hitting philosophy as a team before Dusty came. He definitely didn't help. Dusty and his coaching staff aren't the only problems with this team (and I'm not talking about the players here).
×
×
  • Create New...