Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Billingsley promoted to the bigs, gonna start tomorrow.
  2. That's an awful strategy, BTW. (for Poker anyway) hmmm. not sure why I posted that. My first drunk post on NSBB? YEA! First of many? Congrats.
  3. Billy had arthroscopic surgery to fix a torn labrum last season. He was expected back sometime around now (i.e. June-July). If we see him in games this season, I'd guess it'd be in Mesa and then Boise or Peoria.
  4. Daytona wins 2-1! Berg goes 6.1 and gives up 1 earned on 7 hits. Hunton goes 0.2 for the save. Jake Fox (16) and Matt Craig (8) each hit solo HRs for the D-Cubs' only runs. Fuld goes 3 for 4.
  5. That looks almost exactly like last year's roster. Something tells me it may be a bit out of date. True, I think it is just a list of everyone left in our system not currently assigned someplace else. There are several 18/19yr. olds on that roster though that I don't think were there last year. Well, Oscar Bernard is listed as a catcher on that roster. Oscar switched over to pitching this spring.
  6. Why is Jacque batting so low against a righty? Why are Nevin/Neifi starting over Walker? Oh well, who cares.
  7. Mark Pawelek is obviously expected to return to Boise and it sounds like the Cubs expect to sign Jeff Samardzija before the NWL season starts and send him to Boise too. Boise will have a media day on Friday - I expect we'll hear the roster the night before or on Friday itself.
  8. From what I've read, MLB can pressure the Cubs but can't block it completely. I cannot confirm this, and with the Cubs and Jeff's advisor being so sure they can get this hammered out on Thurs or Fri, it doesn't look like the MLB will be much of a problem.
  9. How are they anything alike other than getting big signing bonuses? Brownlie was coming off of injuries that he never really bounced back from. Big signing bonuses that won't be lived up to. I'm not that impressed with Samardzija, he doesn't have great velocity, and he didn't have very good numbers either of the last two years. I guess I don't see why he was even a projected top 20 pick. He's been in the 92-96 most of the season and has topped out at 99 multiple times this past season. He's projected as a top 20 pick because of his fastball velo and his ceiling, which he obviously came nowhere near since he spent so little time on baseball. Huh, I remembered wrong about the fastball, that's good news. Either way though, I'm not very optimistic about giving him 8 million dollars when he can't get out college hitters. At the draft, it was reported that he was actually throwing around 88 mph regularly, but further reading of scouting reports and such have shown that he was throwing like that his sophomore year and has added mph this year. The reason ND coaches and BA gave for his struggling this year was that he scrapped his curve for a slider which is still a work-in-progress but should in the long run be a much better out pitch.
  10. As would I. Can't hurt and no reason to rush him up here. I would prefer that too. Listening to last night's game, his control and location is back and his curve was really sharp last night, so I'm pretty pleased.
  11. Confirmation. He's gone to Mesa for now and then will head out to Boise next week once their season starts..
  12. Kitt Kopach EDIT: Boise's first game is indeed on Monday.
  13. And given a weak FA class, I doubt it will help the Cubs improve dramatically. Looks like we'll probably have to hope the Cubs are one of the worst 15 teams so their pick is protected again (of course this isn't even an issue right now).
  14. Richard Lewis should have started instead of Brownlie.
  15. How are they anything alike other than getting big signing bonuses? Brownlie was coming off of injuries that he never really bounced back from. Big signing bonuses that won't be lived up to. I'm not that impressed with Samardzija, he doesn't have great velocity, and he didn't have very good numbers either of the last two years. I guess I don't see why he was even a projected top 20 pick. He's been in the 92-96 most of the season and has topped out at 99 multiple times this past season. He's projected as a top 20 pick because of his fastball velo and his ceiling, which he obviously came nowhere near since he spent so little time on baseball.
  16. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Jae-Kuk Ryu (2-4, 3.55 ERA, 63.1 IP, 52/22, 1.17 WHIP) @ RHP Steve Watkins (2-0, 2.66 ERA) West Tenn: RHP Bobby Brownlie (2-3, 4.26 ERA, 25.1 IP, 20/12, 1.51 WHIP) @ RHP Tim Dillard (3-4, 4.04 ERA) Daytona: RHP Justin Berg (4-5, 4.84 ERA, 67 IP, 58/31, 1.54 WHIP) @ LHP Steven Hammond (6-3, 2.48 ERA)
  17. Hopefully he'll have the same success as another #22 that pitched for the Jaxx for six games in 2002. But won't get traded like a certain ace pitcher #22 with the Jaxx last season. :(
  18. ha ha, that would be great! In the event that it's not available, you might be able to hear the game here. Yeah, looking at their site, it looks like it should be on.
  19. Wuertz looked impressive in the 9th and Iowa wins it 2-1.
  20. Bowie hangs a curve and Buck Coats smacks an RBI double to score Fontenot. 2-1, Iowa.
  21. Micah Bowie is still alive and is now pitching for New Orleans. :shock:
  22. Wuertz comes in and gets out of a 1-on-2nd base, 1-out situation created by Jerome Williams. 1-1 in the 9th.
  23. He'd go back to Vegas. I just checked this out, LaRoche was promoted to AAA Las Vegas yesterday. Sorry, Vance. come on, now, you didn't think i'd forget laroche, did you? I didn't know you knew anything about the minors besides Rich Hill. :P
  24. He'd go back to Vegas. I just checked this out, LaRoche was promoted to AAA Las Vegas yesterday. Sorry, Vance. Damn. So, give me a quick list of who's supposed to be worth a damn. Mississippi: C Saltalamacchia SS Escobar Jacksonville: 2B Abreu SS Hu
×
×
  • Create New...