Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Understatement of the day. Donovan didn't show up to Germany.
  2. Argh, too many close ones not going in. At least they're being more aggressive.
  3. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP Ryan O'Malley (3-3, 3.94 ERA, 61.2 IP, 43/15, 1.31 WHIP) vs RHP Denny Bautista (0-1, 5.00 ERA) West Tenn: LHP Chris Shaver (4-4, 2.57 ERA, 70 IP, 57/28, 1.27 WHIP) vs RHP Matt Wright (7-2 1.90 ERA) Daytona: RHP Mark Holliman (4-4, 3.16 ERA, 74 IP, 71/32, 1.14 WHIP) vs LHP Jonathan Figueroa (0-2, 10.64 ERA) Peoria: RHP Wade Miller (rehab) Boise: RHP Brett Jackson* (2005 @ Mesa: 1-0, 5.91 ERA, 10.2 IP, 9/6, 1.59 WHIP) vs RHP Rolando Valdez Mesa: LHP Phil Norton (2005 @ AAA Round Rock and Iowa: 3-5, 6.54 ERA, 63.1 IP) - yes, that Phil Norton *2005 13th round pick.
  4. And we've scored 1 goal in about 130 minutes thus far? Doesn't look good. 230? Right, that's what I meant. Actually I suppose it would be about 240 minutes. You can only complain about the officiating so much, neither of those goals would have been scored if they would have taken care of the ball and done a decent job of clearing it. Good point (same can be said for the U.S. goal), but that doesn't change the fact the penalty kick should never have happened.
  5. Don't worry guys, FIFA will say these refs did the right thing.
  6. I hope they can hear me swearing all the way from LA whenever they do that.
  7. They should have pushed it there.
  8. This has the feeling of getting out of hand in a hurry...
  9. Better start stealing comebacks from Colbert, then.
  10. Great job, Dempsey and Reyna. :roll: And now Reyna looks badly hurt.
  11. The yellow cards are flying early and often thus far. :?
  12. He's got the hat-tilted-to-the-side thing going. http://boisehawks.com.ismmedia.com/ISM2/NewsManager/515.jpeg.300.jpeg
  13. Nick Adenhart, Humberto Sanchez, Matt Albers, Jacob McGee, Ubaldo Jimenez, Mark Rogers... i'll give you sanchez, and mcgee's been about the same, but hill's been better than adenhart, albers, jimenez and (by a loooong ways) rogers. Rogers is leading the minors in K/9 last I checked. he's k-ing guys at a ridiculous rate (84 in 59 ip), but he's also walked 37 in those innings. and he's got a 4.73 era. batters are hitting .246 against rogers and under .200 against hill. Gotta agree with abuck here. Overall, Hill's stats trump Rogers'. Rogers' stats remind me of Kerry Wood's minor league stats.
  14. Best sinker in the system, this side of Big Z. Any reports on his velocity? He was in the mid-90s pre-surgery.
  15. Call up Negron from AA. He's already on the 40-man.
  16. So the Cubs aren't going to call up Soto or Reyes? Blanco is going to catch 10 straight games and Nevin will be his backup? Wow.
  17. I'd be fine with giving Wells a shot, but I think Marmol is too talented to be a one inning guy. I would prefer Marmol be a starter but there are those who's opinions I think highly of who think he'd be a better as a reliever.
  18. Well, 7 am is a bit more bearable. I'm skipping work in the morning for the game.
  19. Hmm, I clicked on your link, but all I see is this: "You are not authorized to access the Premium Interface. Click here to return to the regular UI" Do something about that. :wink: Give me $5 and I'll do something for it.
  20. You're saying there is less electricity in the crowd at the World Cup than at the UC during the MJ era? I'd recommend you watch a World Cup game or two and then re-consider your stance. The World Cup by a mile, maybe a couple of decades from now after it has become established, the WBC will have a better chance.
  21. He's injury prone. Heh. I'm just concerned over his bat speed coming back from an injury to the wrist.
×
×
  • Create New...