Jump to content
North Side Baseball

JudasIscariotTheBird

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by JudasIscariotTheBird

  1. I thnk a podcast replete with cynical NSBB jokes would be amazing.
  2. Games like this reenforce how much better GMs are than patzers like me. I can hang with the concepts in most openings and middle games, but the calculation and training needed for endgames like this are gross.
  3. I think a Magnus win is slightly more likely than not.
  4. WuT abOUt rUShing yARDs?
  5. I think it revolved around losing three of their first 4 games.
  6. I prefer that style as well, but I don't think that incentivizes wins as much as making the less patient player lose his mind.
  7. I'd prefer it to the Bucs, and it's not even close.
  8. Eh. I can see the argument for it, but I'm a traditionalist for stuff like this. (Give me Karpov-Kasparov with 34 draws or whatever) What tilts me more is that players like Caruana don't go for broke in sharp lines toward the end of regulation when they KNOW they are going to get stomped in shorter time controls.
  9. Portugal isn't that good tho, right? They are pretty talented. Googled their world ranking and was surprised. I thought they had fallen much further than that.
  10. That was a great example of a game that the engine evals may love the position but it was always going to be extremely difficult for a human to convert to a win against a high-level opponent. 12 more draws until the real world championship starts Yeah, that was a "Magnus position" if there ever was one. Nepo's advantage was never close to "huge."
  11. Portugal isn't that good tho, right?
  12. Hahaha! That's horsefeathering amazing.
  13. https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1461329756058648588
  14. Philly has always been Philly
  15. The Rams are a great team? Clearly not, though they came in with a 7-2 record. Clearly there are NO great teams in the NFL anymore. Congrats, NFL, your desire for parity has lead to league wide mediocrity You should e-mail the sports books and let them know that point spreads aren't needed anymore.
  16. 538's weird basketball WAR thingy pegs him as the 3rd worst player in the league thus far this year.
  17. The commitment is amazing.
  18. He shoulder bumped him in the back after he absorbed a late-game cheap shot from one of the more chippy players in the game. I don't see the issue. I thought Morris milking it was hillarious. On a level of 1 to Bill Laimbeer, this is a 2.
  19. Man, the Nuggets are fun to watch.
  20. I see a lot of people saying this but he was clearly reaching to grab his flag before the contact. Unless you are saying he initiated contact to make the flag he threw more justified? The taunting rule is horsefeathering stupid and should not be used to alter the outcome of games. Yes, he was grabbing for his flag before the contact, but he didn't throw it until he initiated the contact. That says to me he threw it to more justify it. I think he was going to let the sideline stuff go. And I don't really buy that certain calls shouldn't alter the outcome of games. Been 9 weeks, players know the taunting rule. Can't do it with the game in the balance and give a team an automatic 1st down. That being said, I agree in general that the league needs to have as few "judgement call" rules as humanly possible.
×
×
  • Create New...