Jump to content
North Side Baseball

JudasIscariotTheBird

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by JudasIscariotTheBird

  1. When Quade was doing and saying cool things in the Spring, what did you think the chances Barney would be hitting 2nd in the first series without any significant injuries would be? 10000 to 1? Only 500 to 1?
  2. Hold on a second...you are saying the Cubs won a game thanks to its stopper Carlos Silva, preventing them from getting swept in Pittsburgh for the year? LOL. How gullible can you be? This season is obviously a fake.
  3. Do you think anyone athlete on Earth is more sick of Slapshot references than Hanrahan? Also, Roenick's Slapshot reference last night was spot on.
  4. As long as Soto doesn't stay at 8 on ARam's days off while Chad Tracy hits 5th, I suppose it's not a problem. Oh wait Catcher hits 8th, dood. Yeah, when I saw that line up with Tracy at 5th I don't know why I was surprised, but I was. Just have to laugh, I guess.
  5. I think the fact it is not getting much attention is only because it was OVERLY represented previously.
  6. I vaguely recall a game where ARam went deep in the 9th to win a game, and Hawk & company just left the booth/turned off their mics, and WGN just showed the Cubs celebrating with no audio. Best ending to a game that I can only vaguely remember ever.
  7. He said it himself when he said "I don't want to say he's got the perfect butt." He really didn't...he just HAD to.
  8. I didn't know whether to post this story in General or Cubs...but I picked Cubs just because of the specific quote about DLee at the very end: http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/browbeat/archive/2010/04/08/what-can-you-learn-from-staring-at-a-baseball-player-s-butt.aspx?obref=obnetwork
  9. I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or not, but with Marshall in the rotation over crappier options like Silva, those games should happen less often. Come on
  10. I'd only wear it if the back said "Yeah, I obviously suck." Then it would be ironic enough for me.
  11. I think our bullpen is about league average, if not a little better. Just the absence of Heilman and Gregg is a big boost. Looks alright to me. It's hard to predict how our bullpen is going to be due to the large number of unproven players as well as the general variability of bullpens in general from year to year Well sure...I mean, you could freak out about any bullpen that ever existed since that's that case. I just choose not to. I don't see any crappy pitchers in there is all. Basically, any bullpen without Jeff Fassero is one I approve of.
  12. I think our bullpen is about league average, if not a little better. Just the absence of Heilman and Gregg is a big boost. Looks alright to me.
  13. Sure, but the point is to be one of the best, not just better than the worst. The offense has weaknesses, the pitching staff has weaknesses. In past successful years they've had the best pitching, or the best hitting to carry them. I'm not just hoping for a 85 win season, I'd hope they win 90+, and to do that they need really good, not just good enough. I, for one, believe the Cubs should have the best hitting and pitching in baseball. That would be their best chance at winning games.
  14. I need one more player in a yahoo league that drafts at 9:45 central time tonight (the 24th). Its a Head to Head league with AVE, SB, HR, RBI, R, and OPS with W,ERA,WHIP,SV,K,QS Everyone is back from last year and everyone kept up pretty well. Probably the most competitive free-to-play league I can imagine there being. Just reply to this thread or PM me if you want in.
  15. Can we rename "Occam's Razor" as "Hendry's Razor" on this site?
  16. Call me crazy, but based on empirical evidence, I think Bradley would have won the triple crown playing in the city of St. Louis last year. :stickman:
  17. OBPS? More like OOPS. It really seems like the only two differences between baseball bloggers and main stream baseball writers is that the writers have more access to the athletes, and the bloggers aren't morons. Even IF you thought stats are for eggheads...how can you not know that it is OPS and consider yourself a baseball writer?
  18. When we have a player that we are already going to be paying this year whom we would expect to put up similar numbers as Castro, why would we want to start his arb clock running any sooner? Wouldn't we rather have his season at age 25 (or whatever age he'd be on his last year) than his age 20 season? Let's think long term here. Even if you ARE giving up on the Cubs playoff chances, I would think that was all the more reason to keep him getting guaranteed everyday ABs in the minors where he will still feel free to tinker and develop.
  19. Those were my thoughts. I'm feeling pretty good about any bench clearing fights we have this season. He looks Glenallen Hill mean there. 8-[ Cripes!
  20. I don't understand the "Oh no, Marshall as the 5th starter!!!" mentality. He'd be better than a VAST majority of 5th starters in the league. In fact, I'm rooting for him to win the spot.
  21. So the consensus is that hopefully less injuries and lack of unluckiness will overshadow age regression? For how many wins? 2? I think it's most likely we miss the playoffs, but not so unlikely that I'm going into the season without a lot of interest.
  22. I'm fairly impressed that a thread with this title did not mention the "t-word" until I ruined the streak just now.
  23. So the debate is between the scouting prowess of a bunch of amateurs vs. a defensive metric which most would agree is very much a work in progress? Can we call it a draw until 2012? Or at least agree no one is certain of anything?
  24. The events of game 6 are kind of an anger-drunk blur, but I do remember my college roommates, who would normally relish rubbing any kind of sport-viewing pain in, quietly leaving the room after my brother started throwing things at the TV/wall. They knew their lives might be in danger.
×
×
  • Create New...