Jump to content
North Side Baseball

JudasIscariotTheBird

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by JudasIscariotTheBird

  1. Is he worth 5/$250 million and two 1st Round picks? Seems to be injury prone the last few years. And with the running he does, I only seem him getting injured more often. You're just hoping the Jets bail out GB from the Rodgers end of career mushroomstravaganza with a flood of picks and other assets
  2. That's one thing. Another thing is complaining on Twitter when people catch you card counting.
  3. I'm waiting for a plane and don't have much to do, and I noticed a guy was logged in a few moments ago that I'd never seen before. He only made 4 posts in the semi-recent past, so I just went and checked them out. Warning: amazing hot-takes forthcoming, and not from the guy I didn't recognize. viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1820&p=241177#p241177
  4. If we really are planning on increasing traffic and attempting to become relevant in some minor way, I'd only suggest that we have an easily-noticable, obviously antagonistic sub forum for Ricketts-bashing-discussions on the reworked site.
  5. Cool. I guess this means I won't be (tied for) the worst poster here, soon?
  6. The chess analogy is fair. I like watching/playing chess. But I gravitate towards the slower time controls. Classical is my favorite to watch. And I even play correspondence when I can. To TT's point, I don't debate that there isn't enough time to do that between pitches. But it isn't always enough time to do it leisurely. Maybe when my kids get older and I have fewer distractions... But for now, it still feels too short to me. As I said, I recognize that I'm a minority on this. But since the previous post was just talking about pearl clutching, I thought it was worth pointing out that some people have legitimate views to the contrary on this whole pitch clock thing. It's cool to dig classical chess the most, but it's prety telling that the best chess player of all time is sick of it, and semi-ditching it to focus on blitz/rapid/streaming/drinking.
  7. I've never really considered myself a Nuggets fan, but the team is hard to not root for with Jokic playing beautiful ball. The best basketball player to come out of my high school is Reggie Jackson, and the Nuggets recently signed him to be the backup PG for Murray. I'm pretty pumped about the playoffs this year.
  8. I was actually looking for that when this topic came up, I enjoyed the first several episodes when Southpaw19 did but dropped off after a while. I couldn't find them when I looked the other day https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-northside-baseball-podcast/id1604412042
  9. Have we all forgotten the NSBB podcast so quickly?!
  10. Toney first catch props are the best bet on the board, which are around 15-1 on Draftkings. If he's inactive, the bet is void. I'm going to put a small bet on that one.
  11. If you really believe that, check out some of the lines. Via Fanduel: Boston +280 Milwaukee +400 Phoenix +460 Denver +700 Other books have the Bucks and Suns essentially switched, but neither are especially close to Boston.
  12. I'm still steaming. What was the bet you had? It was complicated. It was a playoff-best-ball contest on Underdog. My team advanced to the finals, but without the Bengals in the Super Bowl, I've got no shot at the 200K first prize. If the Bengals had won, my team would have been one of the favorites to win it.
  13. I'm still steaming.
  14. If the Bengals can win this somehow, I'd be VERY live to win a large amount of money in two weeks. Fingers double crossed.
  15. I would consider Davanta over Kirk for anti-correlation reasons. I know you are considering what WR will be available for the final week, but you have to get there first. In the final week, because you are going to be lower on talent, you will probably switch to wanting correlation and Purdy (with Aiyuk) might be your only option at QB. It's close either way. But I'd definitely play Walker over Harris.
  16. I would consider Davanta over Kirk for anti-correlation reasons. I know you are considering what WR will be available for the final week, but you have to get there first. In the final week, because you are going to be lower on talent, you will probably switch to wanting correlation and Purdy (with Aiyuk) might be your only option at QB. It's close either way. But I'd definitely play Walker over Harris.
  17. In that best ball contestI mentioned, the guy currently in the lead is a YouTuber that I kind of follow. Imagine being in his situation, or any of the dozen players that have a shot of overtaking him.
  18. ...are you asking because I already waste a lot of time here? It was all spaced out over 4 months. The team that made the finals was drafted in early May. Underdog even had a silly little promotion where if you could semi-prove (by posting to twitter) that you were doing cardio while drafting for 7 drafts, they would send you a t shirt and "something extra." The extra wound up being getting rake back on any subsequent cardio drafts you did. So I was getting paid something like 3 bucks an hour for rowing on my rowing machine and annoying my few twitter followers with screenshots of drafts they don't give a horsefeathers about. Even if my team in the finals takes last (and that's nearly infinitely more possible than first, at this point) I'll still have enough in the account to max out again next year. Oh, and there is a fair amount of strategy for best-ball, specifically top-heavy best ball contests, that differ from season long with rosters or daily fantasy. I can go over some of it some other time, if anyone cares to go into it.
  19. How is a team assembled in this format? And how many play? I also need these details. Assuming it’s salary cap based. Would love to join next year. I need best ball formats in my life. Tough luck on Hurts. You have a draft just like a season long draft with 11 other randos. It's .5 ppr format, no yardage bonuses. Each week 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and one non-QB flex count for points. Draft is 18 rounds. For the first 14 weeks you are matched up against the teams you drafted with, and the top two advance. Then you get put with 9 other advacing teams for week 15, only the top team advances. Grouped with 15 others teams for week 16, only top team advances, and then its the final week, 17, with 469 others teams. You can do the math to figure out how many entries that is, total. This year, a million was also given to the team that scored the most points in the regular season. Draftkings runs a similar contest at 5 and 25 dollar entries, but they are full ppr with yandage bonuses, and the draft is 20 rounds long. There are also two different options for type of draft: fast or slow. Fast drafts give you about 20 seconds for your pick, while slow drafts allow 24 hours, until the season approaches, when allotment starts getting scaled down so the drafts can actually complete.
×
×
  • Create New...