Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,094
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Playing devil's advocate here. Why are you allowed to plow over the catcher, but you can't plow over a 1B,2B etc? The gear a catcher wears is made to lessen impact of baseballs it does very little to help with getting running over by a person going full speed. On ESPN's sport science this morning they showed that a guy hitting a catcher is delivering 3200ish lbs of force. That's more than a QB taking a hit from his blindside.
  2. Well the bottom of the second lasted about 2 and a half minutes.
  3. please release Berg immediately following the game.
  4. What is Justin Berg's appeal? He can't strike people out and apparently he can't locate a pitch. The guy has never been good at any level and yet he some how made it to the majors. 8 straight balls, please just out right release him.
  5. Coleman is just god awful. I'm glad he keeps getting shoved down our throats.
  6. I'm well aware, it was a comment on the state of the team not the manager's line up.
  7. So much barf That is as close to a forfeit as you're going to see on the mlb level. At least give us Castillo to watch.
  8. Well that pretty much killed my dreams of him some how slipping to the Cubs.
  9. I thought you were either kidding or it was a typo. I have no idea how I didn't notice that.
  10. Not sure if this was addressed to me or just in general, but I never said steroids. I haven't got a clue what he's doing or whether or not it's even against the rules. There has to be something other than a change in his swing. Players just don't go from being borderline roster fodder to the best hitter in baseball. What's stranger is he's getting better by the day. Last year he was only doing damage by pulling the ball out of the park. This year he's starting to go the other way a little more. So then if you're not saying it's steroids...then what are you saying? I'm not saying he's taking anything. What I'm saying is there is something beyond swing changes that is going on. I have no idea what it is.
  11. Not sure if this was addressed to me or just in general, but I never said steroids. I haven't got a clue what he's doing or whether or not it's even against the rules. There has to be something other than a change in his swing. Players just don't go from being borderline roster fodder to the best hitter in baseball. What's stranger is he's getting better by the day. Last year he was only doing damage by pulling the ball out of the park. This year he's starting to go the other way a little more.
  12. I don't want to be suspicious without some kind of actual proof, but after yet another 2 HR performance the numbers are just so outlandish it's hard not to. He's now sitting with a .364 AVG .509 OBP and 1.350 OPS. These numbers are on par with Barry Bond's best seasons. At least in Bonds' case he was an elite player before going ballistic. Bautista just came out of no where.
  13. I'm not sure why Garza couldn't bunt. Completely wasted a bench hitter.
  14. I don't understand why you bring in the speedster and then bunt him over. What was the point then?
  15. I don't understand how umps don't know these rules. It's their career; they should know the ins and outs of the rulebook and pretty much able to recite them.
  16. Amazing how fast a person can go when they decide it's time to give up the fight. RIP.
  17. To be honest it's not, it was more a joke since they sent him to the DL primarily to rest him and work on mechanics.
  18. The Cubs are just magnificent with RISP. Guy walks the bases loaded and the next two hitters strike out on 7 pitches combined.
  19. Bailey is getting squeezed pretty bad and I think his head is about to explode. Totally rattled by the tight strike zone.
  20. A minor issue or another notch on Dusty Baker's belt? http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110516&content_id=19135652&vkey=news_cin&c_id=cin
  21. This should have been stopped a long time ago.
  22. Entirely agree with this. If the Cubs can walk away with one of Bundy, Starling, Gray, Bauer I will be thrilled. Lindor is the one guy I really don't want them to take.
×
×
  • Create New...