Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,094
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Quade is the king of the morons. Bringing back Z for 7th when he's already over 100 pitches=dumb Letting him continue pitching after he's walked the bases loaded=incredibly dumb. How a person can spend their entire life around baseball and be so dumb is just beyond me.
  2. ...and that should just about do it.
  3. After having seen the first two innings I've got 2/1 odds that the Cubs score 1 or less.
  4. Day game after night game replacing a catcher who has sucked this year. What's the big deal? I'd prefer it be Castillo, but it's not all that big a deal.
  5. What the heck did this mean? You wanted to go even deeper into the well for a starter to replace Dempster? They don't have any arms in the system to put in there. People seem to be under the impression that we have solid prospects down there that are just waiting for a chance when in reality there is no one ready who is even remotely worthwhile.
  6. It wouldn't surprise me if he retired after this year. He already hinted that he didn't intend to play for a lot longer. I am a bit surprised to think that he would want out so badly that he's willing to give up the 16 million dollar option though.
  7. I'm often pretty puzzled by the amount of slack Soto gets around here. Many folks still view him as a cornerstone type player, and well above average at his position. He's certainly been that at times, but he's also sucked rather mightily for long stretches too. Soto had the highest OPS of all starting catchers last year. I think I can look past a bad first third of the season.
  8. Ricketts has already said that there would be money to spend at the trade deadline. Rather than letting go of Kosuke, Pena etc for nothing but salary relief, they could just use that deadline money for their draft picks.
  9. If the Cubs were really in on Starling or Bradley then there's enough money to go around when you consider that Baez will be somewhere around slot. That should leave plenty of money to at least make legitimate offers to Dunston, Maples etc.
  10. I still think his comp is Alcides Escobar. But he has shown way more power this season and if thats for real, then we definitely lost a good one. Why Escobar? Thus far Lee has proven to be a significantly better offensive player with significantly better plate discipline. Not to mention that he's been a more efficient base stealer so far.
  11. I hear Koyie Hill is a nice guy. He'd have to make Mother Teresa look like Hitler in order to justify his spot on the roster.
  12. I'd like to see one more high ceiling pitcher added. If that happens I'll be very pleased with this draft.
  13. Plus stuff, but there are concerns he may end up in the bullpen. 1st round quality stuff.
  14. If Baez,Vogelbach, Dunston and Maples make it into the organization I will be thrilled with this draft. Zych and Rosario would be nice bonuses.
  15. If I remember right, a scout called him the biggest [expletive] he'd ever met, prior to last year's draft.
  16. Yikes, I was thinking in the 1.5 at most 1.75 neighborhood.
  17. I'm always skeptical that these types of things have more to do with being a favor then the kid's talent level. I would hope that's not the case this early in the draft.
  18. Maples has 2 plus pitches, but he may end up in the bullpen. Even so with his upside you have to take a risk on someone like that even if he is pricy.
  19. I'd like to start seeing some super slot type talent drafted......as it stands the Cubs don't have all that much money out there
  20. There has to be something, but I still want the Cubs to take the chance.
  21. Man Blue Jays potentially spending a ton of cash early on as well.
  22. Any chance Dillon Maples slide to the 3rd?
×
×
  • Create New...