Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. HS stats can be ignored almost entirely in my opinion. I give more credence to college stats, especially for those in the power conferences. Really it seems the further along a player progresses the less needed the scout's opinions are.
  2. I mega-loathe this kind of talk. The Cubs are not the A's or the Twins, they are a major market and can afford to develop the farm system and imrpove the major league team at the same time. It's really mind-boggling that there are people who call themselves "Cubs fans" who think the Cubs have to do one or the other. Not true, the Cubs can do both and they should do both. The people I talk to who believe this crap don't think we shouldn't spend at all, they think we should wait until the prospects are all up and producing them somehow go on one huge off season spending spree that fills all our holes in just that one off season. There's clearly a bit of delusion going on there.
  3. Is it just me or is Hulet's response pretty much the opposite of reality? Outside of the Hayden Simpson pick, the Cubs have played it very safe the last few drafts. They've almost completely ignored high upside boom or bust types and instead stocked the farm with depth. This was the first year they really went all out on the high upside talent. He also calls the farm thin which is just wrong. Sure the farm lacks high end/elite prospects, but as far a depth goes the Cubs have a pretty excellent farm. I feel like he's talking about the Simpson pick and using that one pick to form an opinion about the entire farm.
  4. Nolasco seems like one of those guys for whom a change of scenery could be HUGE. Given his propensity to have that "one big inning" it would seem something gets mechanically off that his pitching coaches haven't been able to pick up on. Or he could just be a headcase, who knows? Nolasco's game log is truly strange. He has 3 or 4 starts where he gives up 0,1 or 2 runs, then out of no where comes these 4IP 11ER games. He's been following a very similar pattern all year.
  5. I'm always amazed by his production. The guy could probably hold an .800 OPS at age 50.
  6. Would you be surprised if I told you that would be his 2nd lowest season OPS as a Cub? All this lazy talk and having to defend him from meat heads has actually led me to one realization. Ramirez is a heck of a lot better player than I had realized. Of course this makes it even more idiotic that people want him chased out of town as part of a purging of the "old regime".
  7. He's definitely a good guy and he worked his ass off to do what he thought was best for the organization. In the end the results just weren't there. I'll always admire the hell out of him for getting that Lilly deal done while he was in the hospital. He was truly dedicated to the cause.
  8. I almost don't want him to come up at all this year. If he comes up and hits a couple HRs there's going to an army of meat heads clamoring for him to be the starting first basemen next year. They'll reference how he destroyed AAA without mentioning anything about the PCL or that he's way too old. I don't think my head can take that.
  9. Yeah, me too. It's pretty much a given that he's the dream hire. I'd be on board with Hahn, Ng or Preller too.
  10. Please don't let Wilken leave as a result of the firing.
  11. It's starting to become a joke. He openly harshly criticizes Szczur, then he attacks people who ask questions about him. Quite frankly, Law is starting to become a real dick in my book. Complete lack of professionalism.
  12. In what way would this be good? We're paying Zambrano to pitch, yet we've opened up a 2nd hole in the rotation. So now we have another hole on the roster and no extra money to fill it. I'll pass.
  13. Nationals first 4 picks (6)Rendon=7.2M ML deal (23)Meyer= 2M (34)Goodwin=3M Purke= Major League Contract, No amount yet, but I'd be shocked if it was 4M or less. They're near 16M on their first 4 picks. That is a franchise changing draft. The Nationals are going to be very scary in 2 years.
  14. $7.2m to Rendon. Wow. Jesus, 7.2M for Rendon +3M for Goodwin. They're already over 10M on 2 picks......
  15. The Nationals are spending an absolutely enormous amount of money on this draft....
  16. This was a fantastic draft. Much love to the Ricketts for spending a ton of cash this year.
  17. Finish things up with Baez, Dunston and Maples to make it the dream scenario.
  18. I've been a proponent of Byrd for Minor for a while now. Minor isn't nearly as valued as Vizcaino or Teheran and it's questionable whether or not he's valued over Delgado. At this point I think he's probably trade bait for the Braves.
  19. Really? I think they've been excellent so far.
  20. Apparently Dempster doesn't much like Zambrano CSNMooney Patrick Mooney
  21. Cuban wouldn't have done anything different. He said he liked the Cubs' front office. I don't blame them at all for hiring Quade, the results just haven't been good.
  22. http://eye-on-baseball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22297882/31296083?ttag=gen10_on_all_fb_na_txt_0001 I didn't know Soriano had it in him.
  23. Fine, if it's alright for a pitcher to occasionally drill a batter in the ribs then it's okay for a batter to occasionally take a bat to the pitcher. I mean fair is fair right? It's absolutely idiotic to put a guys health and career on the line for these stupid reasons.
  24. I believe 41st rounder Austin Urban was a rumored sign as well.
  25. Yeah, because there isn't a history of pitchers throwing at batters for all kinds of asinine reasons. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they threw at him. Regardless, they don't have to throw at his head for it to be career threatening. What if they hit him in the wrist? Look at DLee's career after his wrist injury. The point is you don't intentionally chuck a baseball at someone.
×
×
  • Create New...