Sure would have been nice to have that 3-0 count so he had to throw a fastball, unfortunately the middle of Starlin's shins is the bottom of the strike zone apparently.
The Red Sox desperately need someone in their rotation. Is there anyway the Cubs could pry away Lavarnway? If that's unrealistic then what about Jackie Bradley?
Blue Jay's #1 prospect Travis d'Arnaud has hit 7HR in his last 10 games to go along with a .924 OPS. As soon as the Jays do whatever it is they're going to do with Arrencibia, I could see d'Arnaud come up and put together a career like McCann.
I'm sure the average fan would be pissed off, but I'd be absolutely thrilled to potentially have the #1 and #7 in next year's much stronger draft. If Giolito signed great, if he didn't that's completely fine too.
Theo himself has said that the farm lacks impact/super star caliber players. Zunino is as safe a pick as you're going to find and getting an above average catcher has a ton of value, but I don't think that's going to be the target based on Theo's comment. I strongly believe it's going to be Giolito if the throwing sessions look decent.
He's gotten even worse hanging around with Hawk. Pretty much. Any time anything ever has to deal with the Cubs, Stone will find a way to take a shot at them. I'm still waiting for Castro's hitting to slow down as Stone claimed it would a few years ago.
It's one of those games where the Cubs continue ripping the ball with no results and the opposing team is hitting flares left and right. Absolutely frustrating.
I would absolutely love to hear the justification for that call. Cleary Castro should just spear the next guy going into second and hold him down until he's tagged.