I go out of my way to avoid Phil Rodgers because quite simply he's stupid on a Joe Morgan level. With that said, it all depends on what's offered. If the Dbacks were willing to part with Upton/Bauer/Wheeler for Castro/BJax then I'm game, but that's not going to happen.
You are aware that there are 29 other teams right? Landing 1/3 of the targets when you're one of thirty teams is hardly something to be upset over. If Puig doesn't take less money to go to the Dodgers that's half of the targets which is pretty ridiculous.
Rather than worry about efficiency and fiscal responsibility, the Dodgers have decided to just sign every player leaving every other organization unable to field a full team.
You're right, lets give Sanchez 7/100. That'll work out just swell I'm sure! As bad as this is, I think I almost prefer it to the 6/150 Greinke wants. Not that I'd be even remotely interested in either.
I'm not particularly excited about Liriano. I just can't envision any team willing to give up much at the deadline for him. Only once since 2008 has he posted a WAR above 1.8. He's about last on my list of choices.
Swoon. Derek Johnson seems like the perfect hire for a guy like Bauer who loves the long toss. I just wonder if Baez alone would get it done. He wasn't ever realistically going to push Starlin off SS and we have other nice 3B options even if they aren't as good.
That's an awful lot of money to make a guy go away, especially from a team without a ton of talent. Where the [expletive] did Heyman get $189 million from? He's owed $21 million, and his contract was only $66 million. WTF? 189 isn't even possible to typo with any of the numbers left from Bay's contract. EDIT: Weird mistake I guess... He meant 18.9M. If you total his 16M in '13 and 3M in '14 that makes sense.
Ryu-Hyun and Melky are the two FA signings I absolutely want above any others. They both have the potential to become part of the foundation with Rizzo/Castro and it can be accomplished relatively cheaply.
The problem with Crisp is that he's not a long term piece and he's not a piece that's likely to bring back any kind of real return if he plays well. In that way, he's not really any different than Dejesus, just a placeholder with no real purpose.
One thing has to happen for sure after today. Theo needs to gather every single person in the organization and tell them all to stfu until he gives them the OK to talk about any possible trades.
What if this is about Haren's stark loss of velocity this past season? You'd be crying more foul if Haren proved to be damaged goods next April (Not that Marmol is anything but damaged goods at this point) If Theo came out and said we didn't like the medicals, I'd have his back 100%. I'd just like to know the reason.
I know it will never happen, but I'd really love an explanation from Theo on what went down here. Between this and the Demp trade there have simply been too many hiccups, whether they were Theo/Jed's fault or not.
The Epstein Era: Love it or leave it! No one is saying you can't criticize things, but when you [expletive] all over every single thing he does it gets old.