Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. You do not give up top tier prospects for the right to pay a pitcher 25-30M a year.
  2. That wasn't on Schwarber, that was just a shitty pitch.
  3. It's amazing to me that Richard doesn't get teed off on more, like this. It just looks so hittable.
  4. I still say it's absurd to say there are 50 more valuable players than Arrieta. The haul they could get for 2.5 more years of him would be crazy.
  5. I hyped him and picked him up on my dynasty squad about two weeks ago. My bad. Hopefully Steele and Cease don't suffer similar fates.
  6. I just got finished with my league's amateur draft where I had picks 8,10,12,13 and 19. I took Andrew Benintendi,Tyler Jay,Kolby Allard,Cornelius Randolph and Ashe Russell in that order. The problem is I have 20 prospects on my farm right now and the draft puts me 5 over, so I need to drop/trade 5 in the next two weeks. Who should I ship off? Team is listed below and prospects are in Red. 16 Team H2H Dynasty Points League(51 man rosters,31MLB/20Farm) (C,1B,2B,SS,3B,LF,CF,RF,DH,DH)(6xSP,3xRP) Minor League Players Are in Red C:Lucroy,C.Sisco,W.Contreras 1B:A.Rizzo, 2B:Kinsler 3B:Arenado,Jo.Reyes SS:B.Crawford,O.Albies,D.Sweeney LF:M.Cabrera,C.Frazier,B.Starling CF: Span,M.Margot. RF:Pence,M.Zagunis DH:T.Hunter DH:Todd Frazier BENCH: Chris Carter,K.Calhoun,M.Bourn,D.Travis,A.Cabrera SP:Strasburg,Darvish,Arrieta,Quintana,Salazar,Paxton,Kennedy,Shoemaker,B.Norris,Volquez,Z.McAllister,Colome,E.Ramirez,C.Bettis RP:Chapman,Papelbon,Casilla,Romo SP:K.Freeland,N.Kingham,K.Ziomek,C.Anderson,C.Martin,J.Hader,J.Sheffield,Z.Davies,J.Guerrero,J.Steele,D.Cease
  7. Not sure how that makes a lot of sense. They need pitching so they'd trade away a major league ready pitcher as well as a top 30 pitching prospect who should move quickly?
  8. For the life of me I can't understand how Brandon Nimmo is a consensus top 60 prospect while Mark Zagunis is an unknown. They're pretty much the exact same guy.
  9. 3 hits and the FO will continue to sit on their hands.
  10. Not a single person on this team can bunt. I've never seen a team so completely unable to put a bunt in play.
  11. Well if they manage to lose today there's a real good chance they get swept with Quintana and Sale going. Not that it much matters when the team can't hit anyways.
  12. Pretend he's hurt and get Baez up here asap. How a baseball player can't hit a ball in the damn air I just don't understand.
  13. But if Hammel does end up missing significant time, I wonder if that pushes them to make a mega-deal for Hamels and Papelbon. I can't begin to imagine the package. But unless Theo pulls a Suge Knight on Amaro, there's no way it doesn't start with Schwarber and probably one of Torres or McKinney. There is absolutely no way in hell Hamels is landing a top 10 prospect and another top 30 guy. I swear every month the price people expect to pay goes up. Would you have expected a Top 5 prospect for Samardzjia? Hamels is on pace for another 6 WAR season, and it's a no doubt sellers market. The Billy Beane deal is quite obviously the outlier. The Rays got nowhere near that much for David Price, and the As got nowhere near that much when they dealt Samardzija to the WSox. Hell, the As didn't even get that much for Josh Donaldson. If Hamels cost a top 10 and a top 30, then you might as well give up Gleyber too and get Sonny Gray.
  14. How the hell is he only getting 4.25M?
  15. If Cameron Maybin is available he needs to be on this team right now. LD% way up from 17 to 23.3%,FB% down 3.0%, Soft% down 5.9% and Med% up 11.4%. He's spraying the ball more to the opposite field than he ever has, 30.6% up from 23.5%. If the Cubs can fix his defense like they've done with Dexter than you could have a 4 or 5 win CF going forward.
  16. But if Hammel does end up missing significant time, I wonder if that pushes them to make a mega-deal for Hamels and Papelbon. I can't begin to imagine the package. But unless Theo pulls a Suge Knight on Amaro, there's no way it doesn't start with Schwarber and probably one of Torres or McKinney. There is absolutely no way in hell Hamels is landing a top 10 prospect and another top 30 guy. I swear every month the price people expect to pay goes up.
  17. Guy with .477OPS. I think we all know how this ends.
  18. BA released their top 50 Midseason 6.Schwarber 28.Torres 30. McKinney http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/midseason-top-50-prospects2015/
  19. While we're ranting, hey Theo go get someone who can hit a [expletive] baseball. This offense is absolute [expletive].
  20. I'm done watching Cub/Cards games. I can't take getting this pissed off about regular season games.
  21. of [expletive] course, every single god damn time.
  22. Good lord Starlin, he just tried to pull a ball half a foot outside.
  23. I think it's exciting that only one Cub bat is performing above expectations(Rizzo). There is significant room for improvement int he 2nd half.
×
×
  • Create New...