Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. The Rays also got back a very underrated Randy Arozarena, who has ML ready CF potential to go with a well rounded high OBP bat in the minors. He came up and made some loud contact at the ML level to close the season. Liberatore's a quality SP prospect but years away after a non-dominant A ball season that included a back injury. If anything I'd count more on whoever the Cubs trade getting elevated while alot of the Lindor headlines will rehash/reignite the two year window talk You're clearly much higher on him than I am. For me he's a likely 4th OFer with an upside of David DeJesus.
  2. I really don't think Canning is even remotely realistic as I'd say he's the odds on favorite to put up better numbers this year while being cheaper and with much more control.
  3. Would it though? The feedback from the Bryant trade rumors is that even superstars with "just" two years of control aren't super valued right now for totally legit reasons Perhaps, but we also just saw a high upside young arm get moved for a DH with average at best power
  4. Would take substantially more prospect capital and I doubt they're ready to empty the farm again
  5. JMart,Arozarena, Comp A for Liberatore,Comp B and a low level catcher. I don't get it at all. TB has a DH in Shogo and that's ignoring Martinez just isn't very good
  6. Based on how I was around 20k in line last year and contacted this year, I don't think there's going to be much of a wait this time around.
  7. With the Orioles signing Iglesias, the Cubs are now one of 3 teams to not give out a guaranteed contract this offseason.
  8. This offensive line is getting torched by Minnesota's backup linemen. They pretty much have to take an OL in the 2nd round.
  9. A team that went into the year mentioned among the Superbowl favorites is now struggling to handle Minnesota's reserves. I can't even take solace in them getting a better draft pick.
  10. Even if Waters,Wright and Anderson were somehow offered, they wont be, I'd still be disappointed that Fried wasn't involved.
  11. There are reports claiming the Reds are the favorites to land Akiyama. This pretty much guarantees my complete lack of interest in the Cubs next season.
  12. That sure seems like a lot of aav for a soso innings eater in Keuchel
  13. Another cheap starter option off the board.
  14. The point of trading KB is not to make the team better in 2020, it's to make them better later. They clearly don't want to give him a huge contract so you either move him for pieces in/close to the majors with an eye on making the team better in 2021+ or you let him play on a mediocre team and hope the Cubs somehow sneak into the playoffs before he walks away for a draft pick. I simply don't believe this 2020 squad is worth taking that kind of gamble on given the monetary and player asset related constraints.
  15. That list doesn't make any sense at all. There is an enormous gulf between some of those guy's value. Toro is not in the same league as the rest. By the way, Toro-Hernandez is the name of one guy.
  16. Actually makes the Dbacks rotation pretty solid. Bumgarner, Ray,Weaver,Gallen,Kelly isn't spectacular but it should be fairly good. Still think they need a bat. Maybe Seth Beer if he mashes spring training.
  17. Well that's about as ridiculously big a swing as possible. Thanks refs.
  18. I think you're underestimating Clase who is really good, but yes it's a bad return.
  19. Safe to say they're out on KB, not that the could have put together a particularly good package anyway.
  20. If you could get Robles, its likely that not much more than a lottery ticket comes back with him. Even on the high side I can't imagine much more than Seth Romero.
  21. In the sense that everyone behind Robles is going to be dramatically worse, you kinda have to look at it as a 1-1. Robles is more interesting than most names that seem to come up for Bryant, but it's like the 90's White Sox entertaining a Frank Thomas for Mike Cameron trade I'd say most hitters are closer to what they'll be at 22 tbh than not. Robles is one of those that seems more likely than most to improve some at the ML level, but he'll probably never hit like Bryant, Rizzo, or Baez. I think Robles has AS potential overall btw Of course he wont hit like Rizzo or Bryant. If he had that offensive potential to go with his defense, at a premium position, and speed he would be completely untouchable. It's unrealistic to think you can trade Bryant for a younger,cheaper and longer controlled Bryant.
  22. I dont see why Darvish would have to use Bryant to free up money. I think he might bring value back himself.
  23. Hey Theo, we want your young former MVP, but we don't want to give up anything you'd actually want. Do we have a deal?
  24. Seriously, if the Cubs can't spend even 5M on a need then it's time to just reboot this thing, but they wont and in doing so will continue to allow their asset's value to dwindle.
  25. No thanks. He's not as good as Rendon and reaches FA older than Rendon did.
×
×
  • Create New...