Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,121
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Why the hell are you trying to steal 2B on a 3-0 count with no outs?
  2. Good thing the struggling hitter was in the clean up spot and not the guy who is torching everything.
  3. A catcher putting up a 138 wRC+ on the season and is on pace for 4.3 fWAR per 162, but has played on back to back days once since June 11th. Meanwhile Mancini has posted a 78 wRC+. PA Since June 1st Mancini- 65 Barnhart- 39 Gomes- 83 Amaya- 56
  4. I guess Orelvis Martinez + Barriera would be nice, but the Cubs would probably have to throw a reliever back. Unfortunately Leiter and Merryweather suck lately.
  5. I'm convinced there is some vendetta against Amaya.
  6. 2 more strikeouts today for Nico. He has been miserable for a while now.
  7. 10-3 lead and Fulmer walks the first two. Terrible signing.
  8. After the Bellinger grand slam, the Cubs had 6 runs on 2 hits, one of them arguably an error.
  9. He's playing like an MVP candidate, pay the man.
  10. Bases loaded no outs, how do they manage to botch this
  11. Regardless if by some miracle the Cubs win today and tomorrow, there is no way you convince me to invest resources into this team at the deadline.
  12. The good old Starlin Castro and Jason Heyward treatment. Take two good hitters and completely destroy their mechanics.
  13. Cubs have the 9th highest team K% at 24%. They're 20th in HR(98) and 22nd in SLG at .390.
  14. How can a team with so little power strike out so often? Even Nico is striking out at a 14% clip over the last month.
  15. The Cardinals just gave 6.3M to their #21 pick Chase Davis. That's a 2.7M overslot and basically equivalent to the slot allotment for the #7 pick. I didn't see anyone who expected anything near this. Mlbtraderumors.com has now deleted the amounts, but the original tweet is still around
  16. I don't think there is a realistic trade with the Twins where I wouldn't be very disappointed for a guy who is likely the most valuable position player available at the deadline.
  17. BA not having Alcantara is going to look pretty foolish in about 2 months.
  18. My initial reaction to Horton was so incredibly wrong. Kudos to the front office on that.
  19. Yeah, I was talking about Sanders who has a very straight hittable fastball. I have about 100 times more faith in them getting to add some movement to that fastball than I do for them to reign in the control of Wiggins.
  20. I go with this as well. His biggest weakness is a strength for the Cub's pitch lab/development team. I fully expect him to become a guy in 2024. Wiggins, on the other hand, I get that he has the biggest upside of the pitchers that were drafted, but thus far his weakness is not one the Cubs have been very good at developing so I don't have particularly high hopes there.
  21. Ah, Kinsler is one I hadn't heard that I rather like. I expect a bit more BB% and K%, but it's quite close to what I feel his upside may be.
×
×
  • Create New...