Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Did you miss where he was a plus defender at 3B this year?
  2. Detroit laying an egg for the 2nd week in a row and I doubt GB is as terrible as the Bears in the 4th quarter.
  3. Gold gloves mean next to nothing. He was literally the worst defensive 1B with at least 200 PAs in 2023.
  4. Was awesome, but continues to get worse each year. You could literally put Morel at 1B and probably get better production.
  5. I've seen this reported several times in the last week and a half so unless they're playing together every couple days, I feel like this is questionable.
  6. I know Nootbaar is half Japanese, but does he speak the language well, because I assume that's kind of the whole point of wanting to play with another Japanese player. From everything I'm read, he's extremely basic in his Japanese, so it would be like talking to a baby.
  7. So predominantly would mean of the teams previously linked to Yamamoto, CHC(Suzuki), Mets(Senga), Blue Jays(Kikuchi) and BOS(Yoshida) would be the only ones with Japanese players on their teams, leaving LAD, STL, ARI, DET, SFG and NYY on the outside looking in.
  8. This is what Toronto fans think is fair.....
  9. Are you saying all 3 of them? There would basically be no farm left after that.
  10. Horton definitely not, PCA probably not, Alcantara I'm willing to let him go.
  11. I'd be pretty pleased with this
  12. I'd think Canario/Alcantara would be of interest to Toronto as well, given their lack of OF bats. I'm really hoping that this is where the Cubs cash in on the value Triantos built up in the AFL.
  13. I wouldn't mind getting Alek Manoah back in the deal, given the rumblings that he's available and assuming his relatively low cost now.
  14. Yes, improvements are happening, they're taking longer than any of us hoped for, but he is improving. Whether or not it's enough, we will see in the last 6 games.
  15. I'm really hoping they grab Wade Miley so they can make a run at oldest starting rotation ever.
  16. Again, how is Darnell Wright getting absolutely destroyed, Fields failing? Wright even held and still got beat badly.
  17. So right now the Cardinal Rotation includes Kyle Gibson: 36 years old Miles Mikolas: 35 years old Lance Lynn: 36 years old Steven Matz: 32 years old Well, they certainly have the well seasoned veteran part of the market cornered.
  18. He's a 25 year old SS with 2 years of control, who has averaged almost 4.5 fWAR per year over the last 3 years, That's incredibly valuable. In his worst year, he put up almost a full fWAR more than Morel's entire career.
  19. Justin Fields 2022 vs 2023 Passing YPG: 149.5 vs 195.7 CMP%: 60.4 vs 62.7 TD/INT: 17/11 vs 12/6 QBR: 56.3 vs 44.9 RTG: 85.2 vs 93.3 As a passer he has made pretty solid progress, QBR still hates him, but everything else is favorable. Over the last 4 games CMP%: 67% TD/INT: 9TD/2INT Passing YPG: 211(He only threw 10 passes in the Minnesota game before injury)
  20. If we're being more realistic, Bichette is 100% going to take one of PCA/Horton and that's on top of Morel. Even then I'm not sure they wouldn't want a third prospect in the Ballesteros/Caissie tier.
  21. Roberts, Peavy, Harper, World Series.
  22. Marlins are looking for a catching upgrade and I'm not super attached to Amaya. I wonder what the Cubs would need to add to land Edward Cabrera.
  23. It's still super early, but I'm absolutely dying for some solid rumors on a trade/FA.
  24. I kind of go into the last 6 games like this. I know Fields is going to get decimated by CLE, they're incredibly good on defense, and I fully expect him to put up numbers on ARI. It's what happens in the DET/MIN/GB/ATL games that interests me. He'll be facing the following YPG Allowed MIN: 323.3 (13th) DET: 313 (9th) CLE: 243.3 (1st) ARI: 349.5 (24th) ATL: 308.8 (7th) GB: 327.9 (17th)
  25. Josh Allen also had an elite arm and wasn't closer to being size appropriate for a jockey than a NFL QB.
×
×
  • Create New...