Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,109
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. [tweet] [/tweet] they have the right to stream the cbs/nbc feeds of the games, which means the ad revenue still goes to cbs/nbc
  2. We have a Richard, it's the Aldi brand http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/c_limit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_680/gazfhhbzbcodseiny64b.jpg
  3. Is this the thread where we talk about how drunk we are getting tonight? I'm drinking bourbon
  4. Speaking of sicknesses affecting opening day starts: [tweet] [/tweet] OPR will be the opening day starter, as we all anticipated he would consistently be back in 2006. clearly a hangover situation
  5. probably allow him to huddle around the space heater in the clubhouse between innings
  6. anybody want to nominate names for a poll?
  7. No. I said last page, the per game bonuses and per diem and travel expenses should absolutely be a lot more equitable. That should be easily fixed. But filing a lawsuit and going on a PR offensive while throwing the MNT-who collectively bargained those numbers just like the WNT collectively bargained theirs-under the bus was unnecessary and bound to piss MNT players off. I think it's childish to consider that being thrown under the bus. And it's also silly to criticize them for filing a lawsuit. The womens' team have been treated poorly and need to do what they can negotiate improvements while the iron is hot.
  8. so the ladies should be quiet and take what they're given?
  9. I get why the MNT would be mad about Wambach's comments, but Solo was arguing more that the women should be treated the same as the men, not that the men had done anything wrong. I don't think she was throwing them under the bus even a little bit. She said the men get paid to "just show up" while "they win championships". How is that not throwing the MNT under the bus? How is that throwing them under the bus? Is it even possible for people on different teams to throw each other under a bus?
  10. How did Hope Solo throw the men's team under the bus?
  11. Right on both accounts. Asking a place like Wrigley to have some 10% ABV imperial stout or double IPA available is kind of silly. 312 pale and wheat are both perfectly acceptable for a baseball game. And I'm the snobbiest of beer snobs. I believe 312 pale was replaced by Green Line. 312 Pale Ale don't exist anymore:
  12. I laughed. Oh, trust me, so did I. I don't think the comments that Hope Solo made on Today or GMA about how the men just "show up" sat very well with the MNT, who in general have been nothing if not publicly supportive of the WNT in both on and off field matters. But Hope Solo is an idiot who didn't think through the consequences of suing the organization that stood by her. I'm certain she didn't think anything of throwing the men under the bus. I'd think USMNT members would be hesitant to crack wise about players involved in drinking and driving situations
  13. She came up with 3-4 one thing that really sets the mets rotation apart from all the rest
  14. But trades changed the franchise or something
  15. churches play music like that? the Church I go to does, they play some U2 and Bob Dylan and a variety of others also. Not really for sing along, but introduction and other things. My post was more of a dig at Mum&Sons and contemporary Christian music. Didn't want to include the others in my lame joke.It was a perfectly cromulent joke
  16. Buffalo chicken fried are best served with waffle fries
  17. Couldn't get a gig with the main affiliate?
  18. Thankfully, in America, you have that right. That does not preclude his right to play his favorite song like everyone else. I'm telling you man, that's not his favorite song. And in this country we frown on shameless promotion
  19. I'm more offended by his Christianity.
  20. it's pretty obviously not what he meant he said nobody on this board/in this conversation was encouraging anyone of any religion to push their beliefs on others I really am confused then. I don't understand why he would say that. The word "other" seems to indicate the way I read it, no? Because you came in whining about everybody but Christians getting to express themselves.
×
×
  • Create New...