Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. The fact that we won a World Series with them is a good deal of why they've become Scrooge McDucks. They got their title, and they'd like more, but not at the expense of making piles of money. According to Mooney's recent piece in the Athletic, the Cubs payroll is now near $245MM. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I can't seem to recall the prior owners (the Tribune Co) forking out that kind of dough to put a team on the field. Exceeding the $246MM threshold also leads to draft penalties... I wonder how many other teams in MLB are spending that kind of dough? Probably not that many. I've been following this team since 79' and you know... we could have done worse with an ownership group imo .... Maybe Theo and crew need to do a better job of spending Ricketts $ .... just sayin .... When the Trib owned the team they were barely worth $500 million, now they are approaching the $3 billion level and revenues have never come close to current levels. Yes, Theo and Jed need to do better.
  2. That other trade was reported first so I was temporarily happy they added some
  3. sucks to give up International Bonus Money along with Carl. [tweet] [/tweet]
  4. I think of it more as validation for my relative indifference the past couple months.
  5. The Pirates went head hunting earlier, again. They've done it often, they always do it.
  6. That is an excellently designed KB logo The 17 looks a little like someone squatting to take a dump. that's a crazy mormon sex act
  7. I was a little confused about the decent K rate and comments about missing bats, but his swinging strike rate is abysmal. He's literally not missing the bats.
  8. Joe and Theo trying to figure out if they should make any trades
  9. Brennen Davis just attempted a bunt and broke his ulna and radius
  10. all that talk about moving Willy to left field and joe just puts him in center
  11. I feel like if anything, he would use a non-LOOGY as a LOOGY, rather than use a LOOGY in a role that LOOGY can't handle. He settles into the obvious, this lefty should be able to get out a lefty because he's a lefty mindset, and in this case, it could work. Completely agree. Hasn't Maddon even done the cutesy "have the lefty go play a position for a hitter in between lefties" thing the Rays did the other day? I'm thinking Travis Wood? wood and strop played left
  12. I feel like if anything, he would use a non-LOOGY as a LOOGY, rather than use a LOOGY in a role that LOOGY can't handle. He settles into the obvious, this lefty should be able to get out a lefty because he's a lefty mindset, and in this case, it could work.
  13. I don't buy it. He was arguably their best SP down the WS appearance stretch in 2015 at 22, threw up a 5 WAR season for them at 23, and pulled 4 out of a hat at 25. He's already done some "put it together" type stuff over there, a 27 and 28 YO Syndergaard is still way way more likely to be a top of the league kind of talent than the prospects they'll get. If the Angels are dangling Adell++ or something wild there's a case, but otherwise the Mets are way better off giving Syndergaard and their offseason more than a couple months. They should sell Wheeler and Frazier, maybe Lugo since someone will pay up for a good reliever, play JD Davis and Dom Smith, probably time to move on from Rosario...There's a half dozen things they should do before trading Syndergaard (or Diaz) is a serious thing #NotAllPitchers
  14. It's flat out stupid to use closers that way in the first place, and it's going to ruin careers and be a thing of the past soon.
  15. I figure half their job is to be diversionary smoke signals so other teams think they're interested in guys they aren't interested in, and the other half if shooting the horsefeathers with other scouts to try and gather information on others organizations.
  16. The reference was to donating to his reelection campaign, so it's not an old thing. And it's been made clear in the past that they share the belief.
  17. Because they make the world a worse place and I am against the world being worse. I couldnt imagine going through life worrying about other people's political opinions. There has to be thousands of things I'd rather spend my time being mad about. It's not politics it's basic human decency. I'd rather not think about it either.
  18. Because they make the world a worse place and I am against the world being worse. Well...yeah, me too, but getting upset about a ballplayer’s wife’s political beliefs serves no utility other than getting you in a lather. I’m not trying to be an ass, but worrying about horsefeathers like that seems counter to general happiness. There’s enough real consequential things involving politics to keep us adequately stressed. I don't spend any effort actively getting worked up about it. We heard about Hamels political affiliation last year. I haven't spent a year stressing over it. But I care.
×
×
  • Create New...