Jump to content
North Side Baseball

gflore34

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,343
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by gflore34

  1. This game' over, hope the Astros lose tonight, simply pathetic...
  2. Think the Cardinals or Astros would have at least moved the runner to third Todd Walker?
  3. This team could begin every inning with a runner at third and still not score!!!!
  4. I gotta believe there were some heated words exchanged in last night' Cubs locker and not by the person would should've been in Williams', Rusch' and Barrett' faces - Baker.
  5. gflore34

    If

    Not gonna happen. This season is over. They'll dink around and keep it close until the end of September, completely collapse in Houston on the closing weekend and whine about how much energy they expended in August and September trying to "stay close." Of course if they played with a sense of urgency all season they wouldn't have to expend all that energy in August and September... That's the most likely scenario; I was just trying to put a positive spin on the last two months of the season. The most frustrating aspect of the season has been watching this team underachieve, the tools are there, once again with the Cubs and Baker – coulda, woulda, shoulda…
  6. Its amazing how every pitcher, save for Maddux, has forgotten how to cover first base on a gb to the right. Heck, whether the 2b or 1b fields the ball or not, shouldn't the pitcher break towards 1b on EVERY gb to the right of the infield?
  7. Early in the season we knew Houston wasn't as bad as they were playing, presently they're not as good as they're showing, they're going to come back down to earth. When they do, the Cubs will have a shot but, they bettter get their collective heads out their collective asses real soon.
  8. gflore34

    If

    Only two years? I've been waiting for the if's to turn into reality all my life.
  9. Its a good idea however, if Wood goes 3-4 innings on a given day, that means he'll be unavailable for what, 2-3 days? I know I'm being optimistic but, I'm envisioning a 7th, 8th and 9th of Wood, Williamson and Dempster or, when Maddux is pitching a 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th of Wood, Wood, Williamson and Dempster. Basically, an effective trio of Wood, Williamson and Dempster will make it a 6 inning game, all the Cub starters will have to do is get to the 7th with a lead.
  10. K's are not the be-all-end-all. You can be effective getting grounders and pop-ups. What is it Brenly has repeatedly said? Location, location, location...
  11. Never doubt the Astros. Last week it was Pedro Martinez vs. Ezequiel Astacio. Pedro pitched like his usual self, but Astacio mowed down the Mets. The Astros won that game. :roll: At some point the better pitcher is going to win out, why not tonight?
  12. gflore34

    If

    True enough however, every season we see things fall into place over the last few months for a team or two, why in the hell can't one of those teams be the Cubs for a change?
  13. gflore34

    If

    If the bullpen could get hot for 8 or so weeks and Garciapparra, upon his return, is 90%, I believe the Cubs could blow the Astros away. Right now, the biggest and most important difference is pitching, the Astros are consistently pitching well, maybe a little too good - Clemens is great but, a 1.45 ERA? Come on... If the Cubs staff could come close to performing as the Astros staff has the last 6-8 weeks, it'll come down to the lineups. This is where the Cubs, with a somewhat effective Garciapparra, have, in my opinion, a huge advantage.
  14. If the Cubs could somehow pull out a victory tonight they should gain a game on the Astros tonight. Vazquez vs. Ezequiel Astacio, huge pitching mismatch in the Diamondbacks favor, in fact, I believe there's an excellent chance Vazquez shuts out the Astros.
  15. The Cubs have games remaining against NY, FLA, PHIL. and Houston, its in their hands, they don't need help from any other team to take the WC. The Grail is within their sight and grasp.
  16. 1. I would like to listen some frickin baseball at work, wish it was 1 PM game. 2. Thank you picked it from amongst the plethora of avatar choices NSSB offers.
  17. You might want to drive to Philly instead. Or he could drive to O Hare and fly to Philly.
  18. I believe we're more likely to see Burnitz, Hairston and Lawton in the OF than, Burnitz, Lawton and Murton. As much as Baker seems to dislike Hairston I just can't see him going with a rookie when he has the opprotunity to go with three veterans.
  19. Im hoping Remmy gets DFA'd and Mitre and Cedeno get sent down. With the return of Williamson and Wood I'm thinking Mitre and Remlinger may be on their way out. I also believe Wellemeyer is going to take Wuertz spot in pen as Wuertz gets sent back down to Iowa.
  20. To me it means Hollandsworth assumes the role his best suited for PH-4OF, maybe, its for the best, I didn't like the prospect of watching Hill, Mitre or Wellemeyer winning 15-18 games next season for the Reds, Rangers or Devil Rays.[/quote] I haven't seen enough out of them to make that suggestion quite yet. Granted that may have been a little outrageous on my part but, this is the Cubs and we all know they've been burned time and time again in such a manner.
  21. To me it means Hollandsworth assumes the role his best suited for PH-4OF, maybe, its for the best, I didn't like the prospect of watching Hill, Mitre or Wellemeyer winning 15-18 games next season for the Reds, Rangers or Devil Rays.
  22. The most dissappointing aspect of Patterson' minor league stint thus far is I've seen no mention of pitch selection. That's been his biggest problem from day one, I was hoping he was going down to work on this but, apparently that's not the problem. Its his long swing... I've heard you've got to hit rock bottom before you can ascend again, Patterson' real close to rock bottom if he's not already there.
  23. My heart tells me Garciapparra, Williamson and Wood will come back and be very effective but, my head tells me, due to the nature of injuries and it is the Cubs, they'll have little no to impact.
  24. But of course the Cardinals will acquire Giles! Hey, didn't you know Garciapparra, Williamson and Wood are going to return from the DL Friday? That's the equivalent of trade for a Giles.
×
×
  • Create New...