Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. My highly uninformed opinion is that not much will change next year b/c the new owner will takeover in the winter. I imagine everyone will be retained unless someone really pees in the punchbowl at the Welcome New Owner Party. If big changes are going to be made they likely will be before the 2009 season unless the Cubs completely flop in the first half of 2008. I am really worried about who will own the Cubs. If the owner is "good for baseball" I fear he will be bad for Cub fans, b/c that will mean he's in tight with Rinesdorf and Selig. Which brings me to my next gripe/question. Why should Rinesdorf, Selig, or any owner have a say in who ownes the Chicago National League Ball Club? I mean, from a business standpoint Rinsesdorf is a direct competitor of the Cubs. I think he'd love to see a dip in popularity. Anyway, those are my 2 cents.
  2. You're assuming the next ownership will be better? Be careful what you wish for. Exactly.
  3. Ugly child phenomenon. They always feel unloved and resent that the pretty child gets all the swag.
  4. I don't understand your point. I thought its a forgone conclusion that he'll opt out no matter what. Teams who are interested in him know the price tag will be $30M/year, and they probably wont put too much emphasis on his post season disappointments. FTR, I do not think the Cubs will pursue him (due to ownership change/hold up and overall payroll). It is not a forgone conclusion. A $30M/year price tag would pretty much put him out of any team's price range. I think A-Rod will stay in NY. The NYY fans may be schizophrenic, but neither A-Rod nor Cashman are.
  5. Lou is completely crapping the bed in this playoff run. Oh well, the Cubs will be in another playoff in about 7 years.* *Based on average over the last 103 years.
  6. He should probably start with his own (ass). True, but most of the blame, in my opinion, still has to go on Soriano/Lee/Ramirez. 2 feet < 3 asses. Lou's got a problem. Get Izturis back on the roster to jam a fist in to Aramis.
  7. What? So soon? His days as a prospect are numbered then too.
  8. I voted for gravy
  9. Bullpucky. My argument does not require that Lilly had time to reflect. It requires only that Lilly have spent time training himself to control his reactions. actually, no. Testosterone + Nerves + Embarrassment + Hugely important situation + no self control = violent outburst Lilly has been on of the best pitchers at controlling his externalizing behaviors this year. Getting pissed off at giving up a 3 run jack is pretty understandable. I think the entire Cubs team and their manager are playing tight, playing not to loose, if you will. They are taking pitches they should be swininging at and swinging at pitches they should be taking. You just can't do that sort of thing and expect to win a playoff game. Especially Soriano, it is one of the things that got him traded from the Bronx a few years ago
  10. I wish I didn't have that last 3 beers.
  11. The Cubs are going to smack that silly soul patch right off of Davis's ugly mug.
  12. We have 16 winners!!!!
  13. Webb was dealing last night. Lou probably took out Z too soon (He managed tight), but I don't know that it mattered. What was somewhat shocking to me was all of the first pitch strikes the Cubs took. I really thought they'd get to Webb becuase they are so aggressive, but almost to a man they showed patience last night. Maybe they were pressing too, I don't know. It's only one game, I really expect the Cubs to take this seires, two mistakes up in the zone and across the heart of the plate cost the Cubs the game, not much else was hit hard. On the other hand, the Cubs hit some at-em balls. The Cubs had a little bad luck last night and were facing a pitcher who was on. They'll get them tonight, I have no doubt.
  14. seriously, who is the color guy? Terrible. F. Ron Darling, and he's not that bad.
  15. Webb is on. The Cubs are frustratingly patient. Where are the hackers I love? Z looks great.
  16. First time ever.
  17. Better than Riot. Not ideal, but I don't mind. At least the riot can put together some competent at bats every once in a while. Jacque Jones at bat embarrasses me to be a Cubs fan. And yet, somehow, when Theriot came up to the plate, he was slightly more likely to make an out. Not arguing that fact, but I still have yet to figure out why. Easy. As many horrible swings as Jacque takes, he has the ability to make the pitcher pay for mistake pitches. Theriot doesn't have a very good approach at the plate either for somebody of his type (he doesn't see very many pitches per at bat and puts the first 3 pitches into play more than any other Cub). When you combine that with it being much harder for Theriot to take advantage of pitcher's mistakes, it means that even when Theriot drives the ball it turns into a lot of easy flyball outs. I agree. If Web misses up and away with a sinker/split JJ will nail it. The Cubs have to get to him early, because they won't get to him late.
  18. I'll I've eaten today was a bagel. I've just had 2 serria nevadas and I'm sauced already. Tomorrow its an all liquid diet to prepare for colonoscipy on Friday, fun times! I probably won't be posting duirng the game so, Go Cubs!
  19. TLR to follow?
  20. Yeah, 1990s Maddux, and not a very poor-man's version. Webb is not that close to Maddux in his prime, but then again what non-power pitcher in recent times was? http://www.fangraphs.com/comparison.aspx?playerid=104&playerid2=1692&playerid3=&position=P&page=6&type=full
  21. I won't be able to think about much for the entire day. Please ptich well tonight Z, you are the key to the game. I like the Cubs chances tonight. Webb is kind of a poor man's Greg Maddux, which plays right into the Cubs agressive approach at the plate. If he's on it won't matter, but if he misses in the early innings the Cubs will hit him.
  22. I'm on record for going after Andruw. Pie can slide over to RF and the Cubs can trade Murton or Pie can play CF and the Cubs can trade Murton. They can keep Murton too, but they might as well as they don't seem to value his skill set. Idiots. A-Rod won't be leaving the Bronx, that is crazy talk dreamed up in lala land. SS aren't exactly cheap these days. Renteria and Tejada are also on the wrong side of 30 and would cost some serious talent to get.
  23. Ain't that the truth.
×
×
  • Create New...