This kind of sums up my opinion of Hamilton: http://www.desipio.com/?p=1490 I know, heaven forbid I quote Disipio on nsbb, isn't it like blaspemy or something? Good for him he came back. But a lot of the media is making him into some kind of hero or something. He screwed his life up big time and now is back to where he would have been 5 years ago if he hadn't been stupid. Don't see why he gets more credit and attention than some guy that does it the right way and becomes a star without having to do the drug addict thing first. That's a pretty asinine way of looking at the situation, but if it makes you feel better about yourself. Feel free. Who said anything about how it makes me feel about myself? We are talking about how I feel about Josh Hamilton not being able to stay off drugs. Maybe if Grady Sizemore had spent most of his minor league career shooting heroin the media would be lining up to have interviews with him instead of the "heroic" Josh Hamilton. And thanks anyway for giving me the right to have my own opinion. Very big of you. Your post was dripping with the self-satisfaction of someone who is a better person than Hamilton. Whatever. Maybe you are, but only a self-absorbed prick couldn't get out of their head out of their own ass long enough to see what a good story Hamilton is. He gives hope to people everywhere. Jeff Allison is using Hamilton's example to try to get his own life straightened out. I guess he shouldn't be commended for trying to get straight either. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080306&content_id=2408668&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb I personally like the "story" of the guy that works hard, stays clean and makes it that way better than the "story" of a guy that does drugs, hurts a lot of people in the process, then later gets clean and makes it. But I guess that is only because I have the "self-satisfaction of someone who is a better person than Hamilton" and am a "self-absorbed prick". Since obviously neither of those descriptions apply to you I find it surprising you have to resort to name calling to make your point. But now that I think about it, it does sort of seem to be a trend in your posts. One thing has nothing to do with the other Grady Sizemore doing well is not related to Hamilton whatsoever and vice versa. That's the thing. Both are great stories. Hamilton changing his life does nothing to diminish any other player. This is about Hamilton. Finally, if the shoe fits...