Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. Because they are nepobabies with no knowledge of the industry. The Ricketts lucked into Theo or the Cubs would be in the same spot. I assume after some period of time the Cubs will be in the same spot. They will have to luck their way into the right hire.
  2. Bellinger is 28 and some team is going to offer him a 5-year deal. It's likely the team will be upside down by the end of it, but that is the nature of FA. I have no idea what to think about the Japanese pitcher. However, I'd be leary of any long term deal just from the pitchers tend to break perspective. I trust Jed and his team to evaluate and get who they target. They most often do. I tend to think that a lot of the Cubs' plans hinge on what Stroman intends to do.
  3. Wow. That did not take long. I wonder if Jed is going to be a candidate.
  4. Aren’t they playing Atlanta at home?
  5. I believe that Ohtani's price was not significantly hurt at all by the elbow injury. I also don't believe for a second that the Rickeets would ok spending $30-50M/year/6-10years on Ohtani and then pick up Alonso's salary and extension. And a trade for him only makes sense for the Cubs if they can get an extension. So, although I have my doubts that they are serious bidders for either of them should Aloson become available, It's outside of my imagination that they would actively pursue both of them.
  6. This should be a fun thread. I have faith in this team to make it to the playoffs.
  7. ok. These things happen in the course of a season. It's really bad for it to happen now. It's why people are wrong who say games are less important in April. It drives me up the fricken wall. Every year the Cubs come our with a fluid bullpen and see what happens. It's a awful strategy. Also, I like Abuck and respect his negative opinions of Ross and the Cubs.
  8. They look like their license plate though.
  9. I really like the Rockies City connect uniforms.
  10. Morel overswinging. Somebody needs to tell him the ball carries in Colorado.
  11. The talent is there, maybe not the coaching. I'm not saying they're playoff caliber but certainly better than the Keystone Cops movie they put on last week.
  12. Let's try and keep this about Alonso. The Ricketts are not going to blow past the luxury tax, so expectations should be that they will spend to it but not over it for an extended period. If they target Ohtani, that's likely it for the Cubs minus some low-cost guys. There are other threads to bitch about the Ricketts extra-Cubs activities.
  13. It's never too early to make an example out of a player not performing to expectations in such a blatant way.
  14. I noticed that in the game. He's dropping back with his head down. Not like on the ground, but not where it needs to be. Those mechanical issues should have been fixed a long, long time ago. Same with the blocking scheme. This is a poorly coached team all the way down.
  15. Do you know who owns the Cubs?
  16. I don't know how a team could NOT be ready to start game 1, but that's what the Bears looked like. That's on the HC.
  17. Bellinger is not playing 1b full time. It's a waste of his talent. Any team who signs him in the offseason will be signing him to play CF.
×
×
  • Create New...