Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Just a reminder for anyone who may have missed it, I posted this in a different thread: Here's a link: https://www.techhive.com/article/627464/save-50-bucks-on-mlb-tv-with-this-hidden-deal.html I received the email link within a few days and everything works just ducky!
  2. Jung-Hoo Lee may not get much more of an opportunity as Sout Korea is 0-2 so far. Not completely certain of the tie breakers for their pool, but having already lost to 2-0 Australia, they may be eliminated already. My guess is his still be highly sought after in next year's FA class.
  3. Was watching a little bit of Korea/Australia and they brought up Lee and him possibly being the “next big thing” in MLB.
  4. This is absolute nonsense thinking from a fan perspective. The fan has nothing but upside in this scenario. If he doesn’t live up to the contract the owner eats it and you start looking for a qb again, something you’ve already been desperately doing for decades. My opinion has nothing to do with who "eats" the bad contract (if that's the case). It has more to do with having a huge contract tied up on a player with an injury history in a league with a hard salary cap. Directly impacts the composition of the rest of the roster.
  5. I agree he’s a helluva talent. And by the comparing numbers, he’s certainly worth a lot in general financial terms.I just don’t know that if I were the Jets or a fan of the Jets, I’d be willing to take on that contract for a guy with his style of play and recent injury history. And for the record, while I think Rodgers would probably make the Jets significantly better/more stable on offense, I don’t believe he is their answer either.
  6. And finally an actual meaningful* game! *sort of
  7. Netherlands and Cuba in game 1. Cuba has MLBers for first. Time ever. They load the bases with one out (3 BBs and a Robert K) only to hit into an inning ending DP. Who the hell has the car horn and why is it allowed.
  8. Is he worth 5/$250 million and two 1st Round picks? Seems to be injury prone the last few years. And with the running he does, I only seem him getting injured more often. You're just hoping the Jets bail out GB from the Rodgers end of career mushroomstravaganza with a flood of picks and other assets I would welcome another year of AR starting for the Packers. Will relish every game until he’s done playing for them. If he’s traded or retires, so be it. And as a fan, I’ll move on to rooting forJordan Love.
  9. Is he worth 5/$250 million and two 1st Round picks? Seems to be injury prone the last few years. And with the running he does, I only seem him getting injured more often.
  10. Bote is 8 for 12 to start ST, and he's hitting the ball hard. Does he have any trade value?
  11. I really like that the Cubs have several players with speed on the base paths. Chicks love the long ball, but the running element can make for some really good scoring opportunities throughout the year.
  12. Has it been addressed how the pitch clock may/may not be affected by the weather (ie - extreme cold, extreme humidity (sweat), rain)? Seems like those conditions could put player/pitchers in unfair situations.
  13. So to combat the new shift rules, looks like teams may consider putting and outfielder in short RF and left center and RF in the outfield. Red SOx did that with Gallo at the plate.
  14. It's still awful. I (unfortunately) read the article. Headline is Cubs may “regret” cutting Heyward loose based on his new swing. Then the clip of the Spring Training HR. Great analysis.
  15. Bothered enough to have 4 Ks thru the first two innings.
  16. Instructs are in fall after the season. I’m guessing you mean Extended Spring Training. I’m pretty sure he’ll stay in Mesa for Ex ST when the minor league teams break in April and will play in the ACL when their season starts in the summer. Between being a two-way player and having an arm injury his senior year, he’s pretty inexperienced, even compared to the normal prep prospect. Thanks, I can never keep the development leagues straight. How long do they let him stick with being a two-way player? I’d imagine until it’s determined (if) which has a significantly higher ceiling.
  17. That just means our medical staff hasn’t done anything yet. Once they get involved it will be moderate to severe in no time! Hoping he's back by the All Star break.
  18. Counterpoint: great time to get a glimpse at some of the organizations "rising stars" and lesser-knowns.
  19. Watched Triantos in his last 3 ABs. Only one game, but he looked totally overmatched by a couple of JAGs. Two Ks (3 on the day) and a check swing dribbler. Not totally unexpected I guess.
  20. Nelly with an oppo-bomb after a Mash oppo-two bagger.
  21. Smyly gave up 2 in the second inning. BB just the one HR in two innings.
  22. It’s NSBB, right. No reason to change, IMO.
  23. So are those the only pitchers going today? Or is it those six plus situational/not set yet in the later innings?
  24. Still holding out hope that Heuer is the gem in the Kimbrel trade.
  25. I posted this “discount” last year around this time for those outside the Cubs television viewing areas. The MLB Players Alumni Association offers a 50% discount on the MLB package for members. I re-upped my membership for $25. I’ll get an email link sent with the 50% discount. So the $150 package ends up costing $100. And now, with MiLB included, it’s a great deal. I did it last year and enjoyed watching a lot of games.
×
×
  • Create New...