Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Looks like Ricky’s head was photoshopped onto the ball boy.
  2. So Yanks back in the mix (are they ever really out of the mix for anyone) with an offer to Machado of $220 million over 7/8 years. I know fans want the big FAs signed early in free agency because it makes for a more exciting offseason. But they really don't need to be signed until spring training starts, right? And as someone else mentioned, as long as they're not signed by anyone, there's still a sliver of a possibility that Tom gets drunk and green lights Theo.
  3. Good thing he’s white or he never would have won coming off PED suspension. Ray Lewis does not see the point you’re trying to make.
  4. I think Edelman being the MVP was an okay choice. Certainly if the award has the go to a single player (though it doesn’t). The NFL would never do it, but I would’ve give it to the Pats entire defense. They basically allowed the Pats to win while only scoring 10 points.
  5. I mostly cared just about my squares hitting at the end of each quarter. They did not, which added to watching being a waste of my evening.
  6. Two years ago, the Cubs traded for Justin Wilson, and he was a disaster. He couldn’t find the plate, and the trade was a failure....that year. He was pretty solid last year. My hope is that zchatwood follows a similar path. I’d be happy if he weren’t a dumpster fire this upcoming season.
  7. They're both English?
  8. Wouldn't he be able to offer only one tip?
  9. So I see the "Bryce Signing Announcement" about this time tomorrow. BUT.... If for some odd reason he signs elsewhere, it's going to absolutely glorious when the Cubs players in 2019 perform and over perform (as opposed to much of the under performing last season), and they dominate the National League by becoming the dong masters, defensive geniuses and all-around likable guys en route to their second WS victory in a five year span. Yep, gonna be delicious!!
  10. Less than 2 days until the Bryce signing is miraculously announced! :good:
  11. I would’ve gon with Clarkin(Addison) in the title.
  12. He’s such a dick Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Marty is an angry old coot that Cincy fans somehow love Harry, the last several years was an angry, old, dithering coot that most Cubs fans adored.
  13. Think I read that more details would be coming soon I don't think they have an exact time yet to announce the Harper signing. Could be Friday night or early Saturday. Machado signing announcement will be Saturday around dinner, I'd imagine.
  14. I would just like to add that that is one hell of a sentence!!
  15. I always found Shiraz to be a "little dry". :hello:
  16. I would let KB announce the Harper signing at the Convention. And then have Harper announce the Machado signing a little later in the day. But that's just me. I'm crazy like that.
  17. That illustrator has been missing since last Friday.
  18. This is PRECISELY how Mormons operate. Ever been to a Mormon Dance? No, but I do like movies about gladiators.
  19. “The Chicago Cubs Last Seduction of Bryce: All the Money in the World, yet Fear” Coming to a theater this Spring.
  20. Baseballs or knotted towels. Please clarify.
  21. I gonna put one on a tee for ya', TBS: The Packers don't have an owner. Unless you want to count their more than 360k stockholders as owners. They are a non-profit corporation, the only in American professional sports. They're (business) run by a board of directors and only Mark Murphy collects a salary. Here's something that's great: they the only American major-league sports franchise to release its financial balance sheet every year.
  22. My “congrats” was genuine.
  23. ...why would you think the Packers would be better? Lots of reasons, but I’m not gonna derail a Bears thread in a Chicago teams forum. In a nut shell: #12, probable better health.
  24. Congrats bears fans on the win, the North and the season. They’ve played well. It’s not common for three teams in the division to have down seasons. But the bears have played up to the challenge. I expect the Packers and vikes to be better next year. But that will make the rivalries even better.
  25. If the Cubs lose out on Harper or Machado, is Brian Roberts still an option.
×
×
  • Create New...