Jump to content
North Side Baseball

mk49

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    2,516
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by mk49

  1. I think so, too, but maybe a 3 ~ 4 year deal, kind of like the Tucker contract. And, obviously, the Cubs won't match it.
  2. When the Cubs signed Bregman, I was happy, but now, I feel like they should've signed Schwarber or ever Bellinger, instead. Bregman started hitting better, but he's just not clutch, at least so far. Do I think he'll get better? I do. But, I've been frustrated. And, what happened to Seiya? He hit well with RISP last year. This year, it's just disaster.
  3. Scoring one run won't get you many wins for sure. Very frustrating.
  4. Crazy. Those guys, Breggy, Seiya and Happ suck with RISP.
  5. Yeah, Bregman and Seiya. Seiya was very good last year, but this year has been nightmare.
  6. I'd be super surprised, if the Brewers get Skubal. Like you said, they develop pitchers, and they trade them for the future, right before they hit free agency.
  7. This Cubs offense is more frustrating than Jame giving up solo HR's.
  8. Man, I don't like saying this, but Seiya really sucks.
  9. Wow, I was impressed by the last sweeper Milner pitched. That was great.
  10. Possibly. The bats have been very quiet, since the 1st inning.
  11. No, I didn't like that. I thought they hit 3 hits in the inning, though.
  12. It was a bad pitch. I don't mind a single solo HR in 3 innings. Just don't give up more.
  13. Unfortunately, it's not a typo. Maybe, we could've won a couple more, if it was 70. I was a bit surprised to find how good they were last year. I guess that's one of the reasons why they won 92.
  14. He does, except for outside. He chases too many outside breaking balls, especially with 2 strikes.
  15. That explains Amaya. He was the best hitter for the Cubs in March and early April. He hasn't been as good lately, although still not as bad. Seiya has always been bad with outside breaking balls, and sometimes, cutters. He chases too much.
  16. I do think at least a few guys are definitely due for positive regression. Seiya, Nico and Bregman should get better. Not sure about Dansby, though.
  17. It's true that our pitchers suck. But, I just compared the wRC+ with RISP with the last year, because we all know that they suck with RISP. They were worse than I expected. Aside from PCA and Kelly, they all got worse. Seiya is a joke, and Bregman is worse than Dansby who is pretty bad. wRC+ with RISP 2025 2026 Amaya 249 156 Seiya 168 7 Nico 149 81 Busch 146 128 Happ 122 107 Mo 117 116 Kelly 110 146 PCA 106 140 Swanson 74 57 Shaw 64 44 Tucker 135 Bregman 44 Conforto 118
  18. To be honest, Palencia hasn't been as good as I expected, after what I saw in WBC. The defense saved a run or two for him tonight.
×
×
  • Create New...